Download

Thank You For UE4 !

Congratulations Epic, 4.5 Is Incredible!

I can’t believe it!!

I upgraded my code base of several 100,000 lines of code in minutes, meaning I did not have to deal with any major API changes,

and my compile times are about twice as fast!

Yes even my .h compile times are about twice as fast now!

This is incredible!

Amazing work Epic!

674bf3af67a4e578d2f06f299028ffb6d594119d.jpeg

Rama

UMG Mouse Focus so Good in 4.5

With the help of the Set UI Mode nodes in 4.5, I finally feel like I have full control over whether UI elements or game viewport gets the mouse focus!

That was the one issue holding me back from doing more UMG

Great work Epic!

Rama

Rama you love Unreal Engine , no ? i am wrong ? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a mutual thing ;D

Hee hee!

• Blushes *

:o

Rama

+1
Every month I think to myself, I should cancel my sub since I am still learning and don’t “need” it. But then every month you guys release an amazing update and it just keeps me going. Really impressive guys and you all deserve so much more thanks then mere words.

**Thank You Epic

for Add Code To Project**

Wow using the File -> Add Code To Project feature I was able to add a C++ foundation for a client’s Blueprint project in about 4 minutes!

And the template code provided was very helpful and also contained only what it should!

This was infinitely easier for me then having to remake the project from the closest approximate template project!

Thanks Epic!

Rama

Wow that’s awesome! Thank you for mentioning it, I have been thinking about switching one of my projects over to code, I had no idea it was this simple!

Thanks Epic & of course Rama! :smiley:

Hee hee you’re welcome DotCam!

**Thank You Epic for UObject Network Replication!**

Every time I pass a Actor or UObject ptr over the network and the client actually finds the right equivalent proxy I am just so amazed!

**Thank you Epic for UE4's awesome UObject pointer replication system!**

For example, I can pass the character proxy over the network, as a simple pointer, telling the server from a client to do something to all instances of that client's proxy. a

And the server finds the right proxy on its side and then replicates the change to all other client versions of the original proxy, just amazing!

♥

Rama

PS: Community member Zoid recently released a full wiki totorial on Network Replication, you can read up on how awesome UE4 network replication is here!

https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Replication

Thank You For UMG Nick and Rest of Epic

I just started making a UI system for one of my games that involves clicking on objects in the world and getting stats about them, and I have plans to make a UMG file system, and

oh my!

UMG is so much fun to use!

I had written my own C++ UI system from scratch, so I am quite familiar with UI design, and wow, UMG is really a world leader in easy and fun to use UI systems for games!

I got my menu system done so fast, and even included some animations!

One of my favorite features of UMG is the ability to right click on any element and say “Wrap with”, so neat, so helpful!

Great work Nick and rest of Epic!

Rama

Thank you Epic for the robust plugin system, this is my favorite part of UE4 no doubt <3 I love being able to code a bunch of stuff for an artist or whoever and then just give em a plugin that they dont even need to compile. so freaking amazing!

Also thank you for slate. :slight_smile:

Thank You For For Each Enum!

I just found out that I can do a For Each on BP-created Enums!

This is extremely helpful!

This single node allowed me to vastly simplify one of my UMG systems!

Thanks to this node I can generate a list of buttons that auto updates itself to the contents of an Enum that I can add to whenever I want!

Thank you Epic!

:heart:

Rama

Of all the post that I did on this account wash complaining about documentations and I will continue this when I see some change :smiley:
But nevertheless I really reeaallyyy love this engine. It learned me how to program and how to build games since 2004.
This engine always have special place in my heart.

Hee hee, did you hear that Epic?!

Thank you for UE4!

Rama

The decision to open UE4 was the best Epic ever made! Such a nice and wonderful community which grew in such a few amount of time is just amazing! This is like the only trollless forum in the internet hahahah!

Kudos to you all!

Thank you for 4.6 Epic!

Dear Epic,

Yay for 4.6! Compile times are about 15% faster for me now!

and…

**Thank you For Pointer-Based SubObjects (no more TSubObjectPtr)

The removal of TSubObjectPtr has made making new components in c++ much more intuitive and programmer-friendly!

The new syntax is so clean and simple, and the way Blueprints picks up on it so easily and enables me to then tweak the new component in BP allows for a very fast workflow for new components!

Thank you for UE4 Epic!

Rama

Thank You for UMG Epic!

Dear Epic,

Thank you for UMG!

I am actually a bit surprised to say that so far I’ve not yet had an idea for a UI element that I’ve not been able to implement using UMG!

Here’s a list of fancy UI elements I’ve already implemented entirely with UMG

1. in-game file browser with rename feature

2. in-game skeletal mesh material picker, where each index of the skeletal mesh can be specified using a search feature that searches through my own custom list of available materials

3. A Main Menu system that uses a modular set of options in a infinitely scrollable list, making it easy for me to expose more options to the end user without having to build a complicated layout.

4. An entire in-game help system that loads multi-line text with spacing from hard disk, so I can easily edit the text on disk and it changes in-game immediately

5. In-game color picker that modifies dynamic material instances on the main character mesh

6. and more!

UMG is very versatile and powerful, thank you Epic!

Rama

Happy Holidays Epic!

Thanks to everyone at Epic for everything you do!

Rama

Thank you Rama,

I hope you have a very happy holidays as well!

Bumping my holiday wishes to Epic!

Rama