Swarm immediately builds to 100% and fails to initialize freezing the editor

Swarm log:
11:12:52 AM: Starting up SwarmAgent …
11:12:52 AM: … registering SwarmAgent with remoting service
11:12:52 AM: … registering SwarmAgent network channels
11:12:52 AM: … initializing SwarmAgent
11:12:52 AM: [ERROR] Local agent failed to initialize with an IPC channel! Falling back to TCP…
11:12:52 AM: [ERROR] Local agent failed to initialize with a TCP channel! Fatal error.

I’ve checked through many different threads on similar issues that people have encountered with swarm, but none have resolved my issue with getting lighting to build in unreal. The issue occurs in any project with the templates and even new maps.

I really need to resolve this as it stands I cannot build lighting in our maps.

Hey eyssix,

Are you running the binary version or source version of the editor?

Try taking a look at our Swarm Agent Troubleshooting Guide to see if you can get a resolution through the documentation.

If you are running a source version of the engine, try rebuilding the ‘UnrealLightmass.cpp’ in Development Mode to see if that resolves the issue as well.

Thank you,

unfortunately that was the first place I checked for answers which didnt help very much in my case. I’m running the binary version of 4.11. Swarm Agent does successfully launch but then it fails to init with an IPC or the fall back TCP connection as stated in the error. this seems to indicate it has to do with how it reaches out to the network? or is this a localhost type connection that it is trying to establish on my personal machine?

Make sure you are not behind any firewalls or that you have restricted permission from swarm agent accessing your local machine/network.

Could you provide me with a screenshot of you Swarm Agent settings so I can take a look?

Have you attempted to run lightmass in a different engine version?

Are you solve this problem,I meet this problem too,thank you

What version of Unreal Engine are you using? If I recall correctly my problem was related to a bug in version 4.11 and was solved by a newer version of Unreal Engine. I’ll try to remember if that was the case or not, but I’m fairly certain that was what was happening to me.

Post this for future people:
This might be specific to my company’s network but, for me, Webex Teams (which is like Slack) was the culprit. I think they are trying to use the same TCP port or something. I installed and uninstalled Webex Teams multiple times and was able to recreate this issue multiple times. I removed Webex Teams and that fixed the issue.
If you have a Slack-like IM program, try uninstalling that.