[SUPPORT] Touch Interface Designer

PLS update version 3.0 for UE4.27, why for UE5 only:(((

Hi
I have a problem, whenever the character respawns after dying, the commands on the Touch Interface Designer screen stop workingā€¦
I used Lyraā€™s tutorial to use the Plugin :slight_smile:

Sorry for the late reply, I didnā€™t receive the notifications -_-

@Fafato : I answered you on Twitter, I think your problem is solved

@Sun1010: Youā€™ll be happy to know that version 3.1 has been ported to version 4.27! Feel free to give me feedback

@uRaylan: Iā€™ve posted a new video on Youtube that fixes this problem Touch Interface Designer integration in Lyra Project | Little Fix - YouTube

1 Like

Hi, I am having trouble following the lyra tutorial on Youtube. I cant find the TouchDesignerController at step 1:40. I am using Touch interface designer 3.1 with UE 5.0.3

Hi izmb01,

I think I answered you by email.

Where is the new version document, I canā€™t load the link?
https://www.virtualcontroldesigner.lostingamestudio.com/

For a reason unknown to me, the redirection does not work. Here is the new address of the Touch Interface Designer website :

https://www.touchinterfacedesigner.lostingamestudio.com

1 Like

Is there a fix for this error?
LogPluginManager: Error: Unable to load plugin ā€˜TouchInterfaceDesignerā€™. Aborting.

Hi Kurezie,

Can you please send me more information about your problem ?

• When does this error appear?
  • Is your project in C++ or blueprint?

Hi @Exxassens, Iā€™ve created a new project and the issue is gone but I have another issue when running it in multiplayer it crashes. Hereā€™s the crash report details:

LoginId:fb2ecd834e98467e02cb59b6a60d4f1b
EpicAccountId:5969fcb243194cfe840c0a3e48860a28

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000ab900000008

UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_TouchInterface!SVirtualControl::SetOffset() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\TouchInterfaceDesigner\Source\TouchInterface\Private\TouchInterface\SVirtualControl.cpp:532]
UnrealEditor_TouchInterface!SVirtualControl::Reset() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\TouchInterfaceDesigner\Source\TouchInterface\Private\TouchInterface\SVirtualControl.cpp:358]
UnrealEditor_TouchInterface!STouchInterface::SetWidgetOpacity() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\TouchInterfaceDesigner\Source\TouchInterface\Private\TouchInterface\STouchInterface.cpp:1268]
UnrealEditor_TouchInterface!STouchInterface::Tick() [D:\build\U5M-Marketplace\Sync\LocalBuilds\PluginTemp\HostProject\Plugins\TouchInterfaceDesigner\Source\TouchInterface\Private\TouchInterface\STouchInterface.cpp:452]
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_Engine
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_SlateCore
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor_Slate
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
UnrealEditor
kernel32
ntdll

Hi @Kurezie
Sorry for this problem and thank you for reporting it. I will try to find the cause of this crash. Can you answer some questions that may help me?

• When does this crash appear? At launch? When you interact? When you make a modification of the interface?
  • It appears every time?
  • Are you doing local or online multiplayer?

Thank you in advance for the time you will take to answer these questions.

Hi @Exxassens,
Hereā€™s the answers to your question:

• The crash happened during interaction.
  • Yes
  • Iā€™m doing Single Player project and tried to do Online multiplayer.

What I did to fix this issue:

I hope this will help other beginner developer like me :slight_smile:

@Kurezie I wonder if you have bots running, I had an issue where trying to cast the PlayerController if it was AI would crash the engine while running. So added a check if it was a bot and wouldnā€™t bother with the controls if it was.

Has anyone here had issues with a memory leak/garbage collection when creating or even trying to use/reference Virtual Control Events?

Been testing a few things and will get a ton of errors and not see expected behavior from those Virtual Control Events.

Does all the input stuff need to be created outside of a GameFeature Plugin and just in the Content folder?

Hi @charlie_waysun,

There are indeed problems with Virtual Control Events in version 3.1. I corrected the errors in the last update (v3.2). I sent it to the marketplace team for approval on May 23 and it still hasnā€™t been processed, Iā€™m sorry.

2 Likes

I canā€™t install the plugin for ue5.2 like this topic: Why can't I install any plugins on my Unreal5?

Hi @dathtp

Here we go again! I had the same problem when the UE5.1 was released. Iā€™m good to contact the marketplace team. Iā€™ll keep you informed.

1 Like

@dathtp The problem is now solved! Restart the launcher before trying to download TID for UE5.2 again.

1 Like

thank you a lot!

hi bro,
I canā€™t find ā€œtouch designer controllerā€.