[SUPPORT] Touch Interface Designer

Hi Sunlolo,

I admit that the documentation is a bit light regarding the configuration of the joysticks.

Can you give me more details? Does the virtual joystick move?
The preset has no input configured by default. Have you added inputs for character movement or camera control? Like for example “Gamepad Left Thumbstick X-Axis” for Main Input Key and “Gamepad Left Thumbstick Y-Axis” for Alt Input Key.

1 Like

On the node or the function (c++) “ActivateTouchDesignerInterface”, have you checked if the boolean “InputEnabledOnStart” is equal to true?

I also see (thanks for the screen) that you have an interface. Have you checked that you don’t have anything that could interfere with the virtual controls, such as a border whose visibility is equal to Visible?

I have a big HUD, does Touch designer lay on this, or hide behide?

1 Like

Thankyou, if I hidden the visible of my HUD, the touch designer work fine,( My bad :I think the touch UI is lay on top of HUD:)) Any advice to make Touch UI lay on top HUD, sir?

1 Like

For Touch Designer to work properly and not interfere with UMG, it is absolutely necessary that the virtual controls are below any UMG interface. If I make the virtual controls on top, for example with the possibility to define the ZOrder in the settings, the UMG interface will not respond anymore. This is due to the way the inputs on the widgets work and the way I designed my plugin.

Anyway if a button is on top of another one, there is interference no matter if it is UMG on top or not. Do you want the virtual controls to respond first if two buttons overlap or the opposite? It’s a question of priority and you have to think about that when you design your interface.

What I can advise you is to set the visibility of your interface to Not Hit-Testable (Self Only) and make the virtual controls visible or not depending on the situation. For example, you can hide the virtual controls when you are in a menu. If you want to have the UMG interface working and the virtual controls at the same time, you should not have a UMG button in the same place as a virtual control.

I’m working on version 3.0 and I’m thinking about a solution to display virtual controls on UMG to help designers to design the interface according to the virtual controls.

1 Like

Thanh you so much! Best support!

1 Like

How could I lock a button in location? For joystick that moving is ok but with a button every time I touch a button, it slighly move a bit from origin location ?

You can block the movements of virtual controls by enabling Prevent recenter in the general settings.

1 Like

My last stupid quesition:) How could I using blank space on screen to rotate camera, not using R joystick?

This is not possible at the moment. This is a feature that is in the roadmap and is planned for version 3.0

1 Like

Thank you bro! I’ll wait for 3.0 update. This plugin is easier to use than ultimate touch component! It will be perfect if you can: use widget (not image) to show the button UI + using screen touch(not joystick) to rotate camera!

Thanks, that’s good to hear!

It’s planned ! I have research to do but I intend to offer this kind of functionality!

1 Like

Tengo una duda, quiero que el joystick de mover el jugador, no tenga el prevent recent activado pero sin embargo los botones si lo tengan, que siempre esten en su lugar pero el joystick que tenga el prevent recent desactivado, hay alguna manera de hacer esto? o agregar solo una interfaz para el joystick y una para los botones?

Hello Samuel77ysb, this is not possible at the moment but version 3.0 which is under development will offer this functionality!

1 Like

?

this error after actualize version of plugin

The ActivateTouchDesignerInterface() function is deprecated. You can still use it but you will get a warning. This function has been replaced by AddToPlayerScreen()

Where is the state pin connect to, the doccument seem not be updated!
I promote to new var to compiled but dont know what state is for:)

Hello Sun1010,

The State parameter is a structure that contains data that is used when creating the touch interface. You can define the starting state of this interface such as if it is hidden or not, if the inputs are activated… You don’t need to create a variable, you can either brake the parameter or use the “make” node.

Yes the documentation is outdated! I have just finished the development of version 3.0 and I will update the website as well as the documentation.

How i can hide the touch UI in Main Menu or when i open some other Widget?