Support Stream – Blender & UE4 Part 2 - Feb. 10th 2015

The next stream will be a continuation of our previous Blender stream.

**WHAT **
, Senior Technical Animator, returns to talk more about Blender scaling, texturing, and baking static meshes for UE4.

WHERE
Follow us on the official Unreal Engine Twitch channel:

WHEN
Tuesday, Feb. 10th @ 2PM EST Countdown]

WHO
, Senior Technical Animator (@](http://))
, Community Manager (@]())
, Engine Support Tech (@]())

Be sure to check out the first Blender support stream!

Feel free to ask any questions on the topic in the thread below, and remember: While we try to give attention to all inquiries, it’s not always possible to answer’s questions as they come up. This is especially true for off-topic requests, as it’s rather likely that we don’t have the appropriate person around to answer. Thanks for understanding!

Unreal Engine Support Team

EDIT: A couple of questions we had during the stream we did not have answers for at the time. Here they are now:

Q: Back in UDK we had to create a shader in order to use Object Space normal maps, is it still the same deal with UE4 or has that process been simplified since ?
A: Normals in UE are done with tangent space and not object space you do have to transform form an object space tangent to use it in Material Editor OR create your own shader

Q: Does Blender bake with Mikkt to match UE4’s tangent basis?
A: We are working on integrating F-in Mikit-space support with UE4 so that the option is available.

Edit: The YouTube archive is now up here]()

watching & waiting for this, .

just because I haven’t posted yet, doesn’t mean there isn’t interest! :wink:
hope to be there - ayretek

ooo looking forward to this one!!

Please give a example about how make static mesh with LODs and process to setup the material in all LODs and if is possible an tutorial about morph targets.
*In the last Blender support stream the arms are out of the shoulders in the setup/animations.

i’ll make sure i remember to watch this time :slight_smile: on time

Minor update, I will be hosting tomorrow instead of . will be there also to help introduce and show me the ropes.

yeh on stream at last :slight_smile:

Very cool !

Thank you! Looking forward to round 2!

watch out for that lil monkey in case he starts to fling poo!

Monkey and I go way back, I’m sure he will be good about the poo-flinging

Monkey Stop That! Just need to teach it Karate! and maybe get a Lion!

Stream will be in an hour. Anyone with blender questions, feel free to throw them up here on in the chat once we start

great stream guys, that will help i think :slight_smile:

I had to ask Shelly about getting a Lion after I saw your request. Turns out we had one!

hi,
Need to wait tomorrow for a youtube video or more ?
Thank

The Twich stream keeps past broadcasts:

/b/623031933 Here ya go!

EDIT: Youtube video on the way!

EDIT EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeaKeiepoas

so good , thank you

Great work and great to see the Blender love - keep it coming!

Hi,
Thanks for all the great tutorials on using blender with UE4. Could you do one in the future on how to import an explosion type effect from blender to UE4. That would be very cool.