[SUPPORT]CAMERA 360 v2. System

Hey,
Do you have tutorial regarding to 2D(stereo) with 6 tasks solution? I could not figure out how to imporve my test render using 2D(stereo). How can I make each stripe ever narrower?

Hmm, Tell me, you mean you need 360 stereo, or 2D stereo? Please using PNG , or you see not working mask

I plan to record a fresh video tutorial on the latest versions of the plugin and can enable it. Just let us know in more detail what you are interested in?

Hey, thanks for reply. I will try png today.

Now I am just playing with 2D(stereo) with 6 task solutions.It feels like 2D(stereo) is omnistereo? Can you explain more on what’s the differences between Equirectangular(Stereo) and 2D(stereo), when to use 2D(stereo) over Equirectangular(stero)? Pros and Cons of 2D(stereo)?

Essentially, I want to do pre-render 360 stereo video playing on Occulus. But I also want to test all the solutions. I’ve tried Equirectangular(Stereo) and it works just fine, I am planing to do more intensive renders with animation and camera movement later.

BTW, I have used Camera360v1, but Camera360v2 is really a huge improvement both feature and user interface wise. Great works.

Also, can you explain what’s Stereo Type means in convert setting? Does this mean Parallel vs ToeIn(converged), or Parallel vs Off-Axis?

Hi!
You mean standart 2D stereo, example here

Click, this is a normal 2D rendering, but it creates a rendering of two passes, one for the left eye, the other for the right. Rendering takes place one by one and in the folder you will see the 2D(Stereo) folder.

If you need PathtRacing stereo, you can using 2D to any projection stereo.
PathTracing and 6 task solution. This mode allows you to render using 6-task rendering with further stitching and conversion to any projection. 360 stereo/180 stereo/cilindrical and more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIy- 6JWyCV4&list=PLFbTU4_cn7lPfSjk75BjF9g9cvydAQ7vO&index=1&t=880s

This solution for stereo methods.

Thank you very much for your feedback, I am trying to improve this product as much as possible.

1 Like

Thanks for clarification.
It would be nice to have a tutorial on how to use 2D(stereo) with different conversion.
I was try in use 2D(stereo) convert to Equirectangular(360 Stereo) but keep getting weird results.

Here is my test render with png, the read line indicates that right eye and left eye renders being scale half in hight for some reason. What’s the proper settings for 2D(stereo) to Equirectangular(360 Stereo)? Also, there are many stripe or seams, any way to improve this?

Just for comparsion, here is the render directly from Eqirectangular(360 Stereo) solution.

Hmm, very strange, i need check and i tell.

NEWS 27.10.2023. Please not update to new version. Working PNG, but not working jpg and exr.

we shouldn’t update the plugin?

Hi!
If you not need jpg or exr, you can update. If any problem please tell me to Lenina62-ivan@mail.ru

I don’t see the update for the plugin. should it have the lumen seam fix that you mentioned ?

Hey,
I rendered a sequence with PathTracing > Equirectangular(360 Stereo) solution, and I notice that stereo is wrong whenever there is camera Pitch or Roll movement, Yaw is fine. Is it possible to make pitch and roll work?
Also, can I change convergency plane distance with Equirectanglar(360 Stereo) solution? or it is Parallax method only?

If you close Epic Games and restart it, it will appear. But at the moment there is an erroneous update in which there are problems with rendering in jpg and exr. Yes, it fixes the seams.

You mean you using 6 task solution → 2D to 360 stereo Pathtracing?
You need attach CineCamera to any animation object, and try rotate animation object.

Not yet, in future yes

Path Tracing > Equirectangular(360 Stereo) Solution not 6 tasks.
equirectangular_360_stereo
Rendered with regular Movie Render Queue( with camera roll 90 degress )

Just noticed that BP_sky sphere doesn’t show up in the renders (360 stereo), is it not supported?

Need check, please waiting

You mean Pathtracing?
Please tell me more information, you can send image here?

this is all lumen, the 360 stereo image, you can see outside the window the black horizon, in the screenshot of just the window, is how it should be.

Turn the camera to the windows and do the usual 2D rendering (not using plugin). To check what might be the case.
When stereo rendering occurs, it is the CineCamera and everything it sees that is used. The result should be identical to what you get from Movie Render and the camera itself.

1 Like