[SUPPORT]CAMERA 360 v2. System

NEWS 23.08.2023. I found problem if attach CIneCamera to Object.
If you need All Rotation woring (i mean x,y),
Tempory solution.
Find BP_Camera360_V2 and remove node for Z(YAW)

This solution works exactly when you attach the CineCamera to any object.

I need your help.
I am trying to output a cylindrical (Stereo) image.

The camera angle I want

Actual output camera composition

How can I apply cine camera rotation and output it?
Cinecamera and spacecraft are separate objects.
I am creating a camera composition by adjusting the transform in the sequence.

Hi!

1. You need Attach CineCamera to Anim Object (example Cube).
  2. Change this fix [SUPPORT]CAMERA 360 v2. System - #501 by Ivan_Elizarov
1 Like

Hello! I’m trying to render a equirectangular (360 Stereo) sequence, but it fails and give me this error:

Command Line Encoder: [image2 @ 0000018614fb51c0] Could find no file with path ‘D:/Camera360REC/Image.Left.FinalImage.%04d.png’ and index in the range 50-54
D:/Camera360REC/Image.Left.FinalImage.%04d.png: No such file or directory

And yes, i’m using the last update, 1.34

It’s there any solution? Something that I’m doing wrong? Or it’s a bug that will be solved in future updates? (hopefully soon)

Hi!

1. Try change name folder, try using D:/CameraRender/
    or
  2. Please check start frame, please not using -1 frames or more frames. Try using start frame 0 or any.
    or
  3. Please download FFMPEG from 6 task solution → Button “Note” → Download FFMPEG → waiting download and unpacked archive.
    If all not working please write me to Lenina62-ivan@mail.ru.

And yes, i plan i future create new method for rendering stereo.

Dear Ivan, I’m very impressed by your tool. Big congrats for this excellent work! I’m currently working on a UE5.2 project where we’d need to render out MetaHumans in Stereo and I’d ask you about if it’s possible or are there any constraints? Thank you so much!

Thank Ivan Elizarov for your help.
It’s been resolved.

I’ll ask you one more question
Because the sequence is long (3500 frames), rendering takes a long time and may stop due to video memory.
I need a way to resume rendering from where it left off.
The output folder stopped at number 28. Is there any way to start again from here?

Hi!
Yes, tempory solution:

1. Please apply your settings again in 6 task solution, start rendering and waiting 1 task. Closed movie render;
  2. Open Plugin Folder Camera360v2/Sequence/MovieRenderAsset/MovieRenderAsset_FaceBook3x2_Current and remove not need task and start here render.
1 Like

Hi!
Thank you!
Yes, if MetaHuman not random dynamicly, you can rendering stereo in any projections.
The fact is that when creating a stereo, you have to do rendering in parts, tasks. And if the character behaves differently in each task, then our character will look different in each segment and we will observe the seams.

For example, niagara particles and many effects can be baked and the animation will be the same in all segments, there are no problems with this anymore.

I am developing an additional stereo method that will make rendering faster without using task slicing, but it is still in development.

1 Like

Dear Ivan, thank you for the long answer and please don’t get me wrong but i need to make sure that your plugin works with MetaHumans before i’ll able to buy it. So do you think that i could a do quick test with a dummy stereo-rig in unreal → render both to an image sequence → compose these sequences to a left-right-stereoscopic-movie and play it on my quest? If this is free from flickering then would this be a proof of concept in terms of that the way your pipeline works is similiar to this left/right render test i did? Thank you again!

Hi, Frankfurt!
You can send me a test scene for rendering, I will check it and do the necessary rendering.

Just write me in more detail what you need and I will try to test it.

It would be nice if you had a small stage ready for tests. And also the result of what you want to see.

My email Lenina62-ivan@mail.ru

Ivan, that’s super generous! Actually, I’m trying to test things with the vanilla-meta-human project for unreal 5.2 you can grab on the market-place. This is pretty huge after download (and maybe it makes more sense if you could grab it from there).
So IF you have really nothing more important to do than, I’d really appreciate it if you could take a quick look at this and see if this renders with your magic. The default map that opens with the project contains 2 characters and a level-sequence with different cuts and cams. For my specific purpose, it would be enough to see if it works in general if you could test just the first, let’s say 50–100 frames. Again … thank you VERY much!

So. I was investigating a bit more and was using the inbuild panoramic capture tool together with a custom stereo-rig of mine. It works fine on MetaHumans (no flicker what’s so ever) But the resolution is quite bad or other said I need a 8k or bigger render to get some ok-ish quality. So this way I waste so much detail by rendering 360 degrees, which I don’t need. My main purpose would be to have a moving or still cam in front of my chars (mainly for shots where my chars are sitting on a table) The viewer (where my cam will be placed) is kind of interviewer-position and will sit in front of the metahuman. So 180 degrees should be definitely fine and helping to get a better visual quality with the same image-size compared to 360, right? These are my constraints. And if I can achieve this by using your plugin, I’ll buy it right away!

Hi, Frankfurt!

You mean this sample https://portal.productboard.com/epicgames/1-unreal-engine-public-roadmap/c/855-metahuman-sample-5-0-update ?

Or this example project?
https://portal.productboard.com/epicgames/1-unreal-engine-public-roadmap/c/1112-ml-deformer-sample

I not find vanilla meta human :frowning:
In the final version, you need VR 180 stereo right? In 8K format ?
Example 8192x4096, yes?

Ivan! Yes exactly the first link. Sorry for being so imprecise. And yes 180VR, 8k like what you’ve said. Is it even possible to render 180 with your plugin? I was looking more closely in the doc and couldn’t find a 180VR setting :frowning: … Again Ivan. Much appreciation for your support!

Hi, Frankfurt!
I’m on vacation right now, so I’m responding a little late.
Don’t worry, yes, it is possible to render VR180 stereo. I will write to you when the stereo rendering is ready.

Awesome Ivan! Have a great vacation! Thank you so much! If you’re curious and if you can watch this in VR (which will be our medium of choice) check this link … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNhKye7isbk … That’s my best result (after 2 days of testing things with the vanilla panoramic plugin (rendered 2 sequences 350 in 12k and composed those as HVEC-h.265 in premiere (where the maximum resolution was around 6k) It’s not that bad. But I’m sure I can get much better by only using 180 + with your plugin :smiley:

Hello Ivan, i have some weird artifact on my render, i think it is coming from the fog, could help me fix that ? I am using 6 task solution with lumen no volumetric fog.

edit 1: removing the fog fixes it…but i have no fog anymore

edit 2: removing the volumetric clouds does not change anything, i think it comes from fog

edit 3: i tried putting a smaller value inside fog density 0.7 → 0.05, seems better but i did want dense fog, is there a solution ?

edit 4: disabling the light shafts in the directional light fixed the issue. Any chance that this plugin supports light shaft ?

hello
I need help

Rendering stopped and I restarted rendering using the method taught and completed it, but the image width of output 31 to 35 was created as 10880, so I compressed it to 1088 using an image editing tool.
I then tried rendering to obtain the right stereo image and the final stereo image, but the following error occurred.
(The stereo image on the right that came out incorrectly has been deleted.
Target: 0 to 3600
Actual: 0 ~ 2617 << delete stop after)

Command Line Encoder: [image2 @ 0000024b5eff3040] Could find no file with path ‘D:/GosungRender/RenderCamera360/Image.Right.FinalImage.%04d.png’ and index in the range 0-4
D:/GosungRender/RenderCamera360/Image.Right.FinalImage.%04d.png: No such file or directory

An error like this occurs
I checked the folder path several times, but there were no problems.
Currently, the left stereo image is created normally.

Even if you use Convert Last Render, only the left image is regenerated and the right image is not created.

How can I get the right stereo image and the final stereo image?

Hi!
Hmm, ok , please send this scene and project to Lenina62-ivan@mail.ru, i need look