[SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System

Thank you very much for the decision, maybe it will be useful for anyone to face this.
I’ll look at the information. I need to think.

News 07/01/2019
No new updates are planned for the summer.
Technical support will be available if You have any questions about the plugin write to the forum.

Hello, I have a question now.My 360-degree panorama will have five borders.Is there a solution?How do I get rid of it?

Hi.
1.13 Welcome to Fix2 Update.

I will use your new update
Simple sample scenes are being tested in 2D stereo mode.

• The capture is very light. Do you use less memory?
  • Anti-aliasing is a good thing, a great result.
  • SplitScreen for stereo.
    Do you know what the principle of this is?

I’m going to test a heavy scene every once in a while.
I’m also looking forward to the heavy scenes.

I wish you a good week.~~

**Known issues, artifacts (unreal Engine 4 rendering specifics) **

1. Objects that are very close to the camera that is capturing can cause divergence which makes it hard for a user to focus on the 3D image. Be careful with objects that get too close to the camera as this will cause divergence. While in some cases image divergence will not be possible to avoid, thinking about your camera placement can help lessen the effect. The following video shows how you can have different levels divergence in your images.
  2. Not All effects works:
    -AtmosphericFog, HeighFog (Sometimes visible seams (depending on the strength of the effect);
    -ScreenSpace Reflection (Sometimes visible seams).
    -volumetric light (Sometimes visible seams)
    -Bloom, Vignette (Sometimes visible seams)

Try in Post process Vignette OFF - Link Forum
Try in Post Process Bloom OFF - Link Forum
OFF AtmosphericFog or HeighFog in scene.

You can see the post Processing settings in the demo scene.
Camera 360/Maps/Demo_example

Decisions helped you?

Good day!

The mode only works with 2D stereo (180, 360 don’t work with it). This is a different mode, it uses capture directly from the camera. Therefore, less memory is used.

I hope maybe in time I will be able to implement another mode (180 and 360 with less memory), but while this is not possible, it takes time to develop.

The heavy scene will be fine. But of course, for rendering large images overtime, Irecommend replacing the graphics card with a faster one.

I think I understand what You mean about the pictures. I’ll see if it’s possible to do that. You mean ->? Focal Lenght ?

I haven’t added ascpect ratio, try open Actors Camera_2D and Camera_2D_R,
Choose Camera2D and right panel check value aspect ratio
and try 1.77

Result

Have a great weekend) thanks!

I am unable to get the realtime updating to work - I have to move Sequencer camera timeline - then go to the 360point camera - click the realtime button off and on then go to the Rec360 and do the same for the image to update ??? I made a movie showing this if you dont believe me I can upload if really needed - both realtime and Activate camera are checked -
Also the 360 right eye is only showing black as well as all the stereo rightr eyes . I’m pretty sure everything is up to date on your plugin

Also why is my 360rec window so long its suppose to be 2:1 its more like 3.5:1 in the preview window - it renders right but the view looks really long -pic included

Also I have another scene in 4.22.3 that I cannot render - not sure if its the raytracing but I HAVE rendered fine other scenes from that Project file - all I am getting is these lines going across - pic below

I have currently rendered scenes from 3 different versions of the Unreal 4.20-4.22 // about 15 different maps on 3 different computers so I’m pretty confident I’m doing the right stuff - I’ve checked the stereo on 2 computers and it doesnt work for me so what am I doing wrong ?

Also I have one scene that crashes all the time - it is using alot of memeroy so what can I do - the computer has 2 tesla cards in it and 64gigs of ram - do you think a 2080ti would have better luck ? it the ram or the gpu memory ?

Hi, Arcane!

1Q. Artefacts in DXR, raytracing.
At the moment raytracing is very demanding. I have RTX2080Ti and there is the same artifact due to lack of memory.
At the moment, the temporary solution is a new regime.
I am still thinking about developing a less demanding solution, but we need time.

Unreal Engine 4.22. When raytracing mode is activated Raytracing Global illumination the plugin works, but very very slowly. A request was made to answerhub in the bug report of the engine. https://answers.unrealengine.com/que…0113/view.html . In the future, a new mode for working with ray tracing may be added.

• Received a response from the developers:
    This is something that is expected. Since the scene capture is running ray tracing on a resolution dictated by the render target, scaling it up and down will have an immediate impact on performance. it is directly proportional to the number of pixels, so a change in texture resolution from 1024x1024 -> 2048x2048 will cause the ray tracing passes to increase 4X. RTGI in its current implementation is slow and very expensive. Keep in mind Ray Tracing is under active development so things may change as improvements are implemented with each engine verison.
  1. But with the new update, I added the experimental 360 recording and raytracing capability.
    Try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OiK2n6ZcSI Tutorial for 360 new mode.
    I’m sure You’ll be able to render 360 with raytracing, as this mode uses a standard camera to capture and takes 6 frames in different directions.

But the main thing is to set the delay correctly.

1. If the scene is large and very heavy, or very high resolution, you need to set the delay of the next frame 5-10 and more value (sec), delay screenshot is the delay between screenshots, example value (0.2-1 sec and more ).
    You will deal with this mode, just need to configure the settings correctly.
  2. You need to set a suitable quality in pixels, even 2048px is very good.
    Watch the tutorial, I can create a new one for You if something is unclear.

2Q. Camera360 realtime.
Try attaching the point 360 to the camera and turn on realtime?

Can you record video of your camera setting and scene?
In the scene, I find it hard to navigate without seeing the scene.
Important not to confuse camera_point_360 and camera_point_2D !

3Q. Preview camera in scene.

Strange, in the new update preview camera looks good.
Maybe it’s the editor settings changed?
Try Editor Preferences -> find camera -> and change preview Camera size

I can try to connect to You via teamviewer if possible.

Hello,
I want to use your “camera 360” for my next project, the camera I want to use is 180degrees, final will be 4Kx4K or 8Kor8K 60fps The output is for render only, not for realtime.
Your work looks like what we need. Do you have any advice based on my project information above?

Also, I have a few questions… is there any chance we can output in .EXR frames with render pass information? (such as: depth, ambient occlusion, etc…)
in your 180 demo video, two vertical edges appear (far left and far right) I guess this is where the 3 x 90degree cameras join together. Is there any work that can be done to improve those edges?

Good day!

You mean the resolution 4096x4096 or 8192×8192 ?

You will be able to render 4096x4096 using two systems, sequencer or highresshot system (screenshot system which is also included in the 360 camera).
But if You need to render an 8192×8192 , just using the highresshot system series of screenshots, it has no limit in resolution, but if the resolution is very high the engine may crash.
The engine Sequencer has a limitation of 7680x7680 px.

The 360 camera is based on rendering RenderTargetTexture2D, it cannot capture custom renderer.
The sequencer can export to exr, but I don’t think it will capture depth maps since it’s rendertargetTexture2D.
At the moment I am working on it, but so far this is not possible. What custom renderer modes are You interested in?

I’m working on an additional modes that should involve custom renderer, but for now it’s in development. I can’t tell when it’ll be ready, it’ll take time.

Can you show the image where you found the edges? To make it easier for me to find the problem.https://youtube.com/watch?v=2kPHQzMHs8USeams may appear from the post in the process,
Vignette, bloom, lens, atmospheric fog and fog height, screenspace reflection.

2Q. Camera360 realtime.
Try attaching the point 360 to the camera and turn on realtime?---- IT IS

Can you record video of your camera setting and scene?
In the scene, I find it hard to navigate without seeing the scene.
Important not to confuse camera_point_360 and camera_point_2D !-- I ABSOLUTELY DO

3Q. Preview camera in scene. THIS DOES NOTHING BUT MAKE THE WINDOWBIGGER OR SMALLER DOESNT CHANGE THE RATIO WICH IS 3.25:1

Strange, in the new update preview camera looks good.
Maybe it’s the editor settings changed?
Try Editor Preferences -> find camera -> and change preview Camera size PIC SHOWS THE RENDER ON HARDRIVE ON LEFT AND THE PREVIEW ON RIGHT - RATIO IS WAY DIFFERENT - ITS NOT A BIG DEAL ultimately but weird

Q3.
I noticed that if You move the editor window, then the preview changes. Temporarily uncheck the value of Aspect Ratio 2:1.
https://i.yapx.ru/EfHeN.gif
So he wouldn’t disturb you.
When rendering, return the aspect ratio to 2:1

Camera_Point_360 attached to Camera in sequencer.
Example https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3VZ…ature=youtu.be

Hi.
There was a new issue during the test.

Rendering capture differs from left to right.
There is no shadow on the right image.

Only one keylight was created for the test and scene.
There’s definitely no shadow.

Do you think we can fix this out?

Hi!
Camera_2D Stereo mode.
In version UE 4.18 this is a known issue, shadows do not work.
In version UE 4.22, shadows should work.
Eample: https://i.yapx.ru/EfRBj.gif

Hi.
The version I tested was 4.22.3
The project file is Professional Nature pack Vol1.

The shadow does not work in version 4.22.
I think it’s a new issue.

Can you check it out?
What more can I check?
I am still testing with other samples.

Hi!

You can record a video from the beginning?

1. You open the project
  2. Add a 2D camera to the scene
  3. Activate The Stereo.

I tested scene in RTX2080ti , I looked, all the shadows work. https://i.yapx.ru/EfeXC.gif (gif 60 mb)
Today I will try to check the GTX 1060 graphics card.
If there’s no shadow, I’ll let you know.

Hi.
I have a very clean thin file.
After adding new projects and plug-ins,
I did a test.

There was no shadow on the right screen.

I’m going to test it on a weaker computer.
I How to check the work, I will write to You.

Could you post your Dxdiag or email [EMAIL=“”] (system specs)?

• Windows: Go to the Start menu and type ‘dxdiag’ into the search bar. Open the file and then click ‘Save All Information’. Post that text file here.
  • Mac: Go to the Apple menu and click ‘About This Mac’.

Hi.
I used two computers. Winsows10.
There was no shadow on both of them.

I emailed two dxdiags.

Hi.
I found the number of cases when I was testing.

DirectionalLight = Static or Stationary
The shadow did not appear on the right

DirectionalLight = Movable
All the shadows came out the same.

How about you?