[SUPPORT] CAMERA 360 System

**News 06/19/2019: **
My friends, Video Player 360 plugin was released today.
Forum: Video Player 360 (2D, 180, 360, Stereo) - Marketplace - Unreal Engine Forums
Marketplace: Video Player 360 (2D, 180, 360, Stereo) in Code Plugins - UE Marketplace

News 06/20/2019:
Added new Update 1.13 for Camera360.

Tutorial4… Quick setup Camera_Point_2D
Tutorial5. Quick setup ShowDown scene in dxr.

1. Added two new actors.
    Camera_point_2D and camera2D_Rec.

Camera_point_2D is the camera used to render 6 cameras.

Camera2D_Rec is a screen, thanks to it all the final images will be provided for rendering in 360.

This mode is experimental, with its help You can render Raytracing (DXR), just when rendering it uses a conventional camera using HighResShot system.
This mode is slower than the others because it takes 6 frames separately.
You must also correctly adjust the delay between frames and the delay between the next frame.
Also the resolution in pixels is very high, even 2048x2048px.

Note:

1. Rendering is only possible for 360 photos (not 180, not stereo).
  2. Since the camera is only one, camera rotate 360 degree and rendered 6 single frames.
    For example You have a scene of 3000 frames (It will render 3000*6 = 18000 frames).
    The process is slow. Takes up a lot of hard disk space. It was invented for DXR rendering (https://youtu.be/jAy2y-onkKI) , it is also well suited for weak systems.
  3. Unfortunately, artifacts may appear in the final rendering of 360, as IMG Media Source is used to sequence 6 cameras. This can put a lot of strain on the graphics card.
  4. Rendering with IMG Source is only available with unreal Engine 4.20 and later. IMG Source documentation link.
  5. The system work only through HighResShot.
  6. If the number of frames does not match the number of animation frames, increase the delay of the next frame (this is a pause).
    Do not forget to configure post-processing to eliminate the appearance of seams. Discussion on the first pages of the forum.

Forum link 1: Vignete OFF, Bloom and more.
The camera renders in this order. Positive X-Axis, Negative X-Axis, Positive Y-Axis, Negative Y-Axis, Positive Z-Axis, Negative Z-Axis:

https://docs.unrealengine.com/Images/Engine/Content/Types/Textures/Cubemaps/CreatingCubemaps/CubeMapNvidiaLayout.jpg
I keep looking for possible implementations of faster rendering for DXR and weaker machines.

HI~
I solved the question with your answer.
Thank you very much.

I’m testing a lot with your plug-in.
I can’t get a stereo in the basic sequencer rendering.
I bought your plug-in.
The style of my project is 2D stereo rendering.
At the same time, I was able to get images from the left and the right.

CPU= i7-7700
GPU =
My Test Option.
Anti-Aliasing Method = MSAA or TemporalAA
Render_Target = 4096

Q.1 What is the stereoscopic style of a stereo camera?
360_Stereo = Parallel?
2D_Stereo = Off axis? On Axis? Radial?
IPD options work well

Q.2 The original camera angle and plug-in rendering result are slightly different. Is FOV different?
Can’t help it?

Q3. The first five frames are different angles.
I think there’s a delay at first.
What is the problem?

Q4 I hope the quality of the original sequencer rendering results are similar.
Anti-aliasing is aching in MSAA
RenderTarget 4096 modified
Can we improve the quality?

my youtube upload link

Hi!
Q1. 360 Stereo - Stereoscopic Over/Under (Top Bottom).

2D Stereo - Vertical stereo (Side by Side)

Q2. Field of View
The field of view does not work through Camera_Rec_360.

You need to add camera_point_360 actor to the sequencer and select ScreenCaptureComponent-3 Left and SceneCaptureComponent-3 Right (this front view).
And select the field of view option.

Tutorial 6. Field of View for 2D stereo mode.

For other modes (360, 180), changing FOV is impossible, since they consist of more than two cameras, and if you start changing the field of view, the integrity of the picture will be incorrect.

Q3. Delay 1-3 frame.

A short delay of 0.2 is set to activate the camera . Sometimes there are times that the texture does not have time to prepare for this was made a small delay.
You can set the Realtime mode for 2D mode, it will not greatly affect the performance and there will be no delay.

Try

1. Check value Reltime in Editor?

OR in code.
    Open actor camera_rec_360 and Delay 0,2 to 0.

Q4. Load in 2D mode is not very high, you can try to increase the value of RenderTargetTexture>?

I found a way to do anti-aliasing.

Try in the PostProcess - Lense - Depth of Field -> Chose method BokehDOF and value for Scale 0,0002

RESULT:

image_167026.jpg

1 Like

HI~
Thank you for answering four questions.
Thank you.

A1. I think I’ve misinterpreted this question.
I’m 3dsMax, Maya. I’m a rendering user of the 3D program.
What I am curious about is the three dimensionality of the camera.

A2. I understand your answer.
FOV change GoodWork!!!

A3. I understand your answer.
Check value Reltime in Editor GoodWork!!!

A4. I haven’t seen any improvement in anti-aliasing quality.
BokehDOF and value for Scale 0,0002
Unfortunately, there hasn’t been much change.

My Basic Tip.
postprocess- misc - Screen Percentage 100 -> 200
The quality of the lead is improved a lot.
But it’s not perfect.
It will only improve a little.
(Render time is increased a little.)

I will continue to do many tests.
Your plug-in is very useful.

I hope you have a good weekend.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Q1. Sorry, it’s hard for me to understand.
What I see is IPD = 6.4 , the distance between the cameras from the center 3.2 each eye. This distance can be adjusted using the IPD.
Maybe there is more information about it to make it easier for me to understand =) Maybe a Wiki? video?
Or an example of video work with 3ds max, I will check.
Q2. Ok :slight_smile:
Q3. Ok :slight_smile:
Q4. Try increasing the value of Bokeh DOF, for example 0.0003 or much higher, as I have used a scene with objects at a long distance and the difference in your scene is not noticeable. ScreenPercentage it’s good.
Just try to take a screenshot using the M button. It will be saved in the folder E:/RenderCamera360 or you can point your way.

I also wish you a good weekend =)) I hope camera 360 will help with your projects. Thanks :slight_smile:

HI~
How was your weekend?
There was an issue in my new test scene.

CPU = i7-7700
GPU =

Your Plugin Version 1.13 Testing
Render type = only 2D stereo

I have an issue.

1. In some cases, the left and right images had different brightness.
    ((bloom = 0. vinette = 0))
    Should we turn off the Bloom on the 2D stereo?

2.As the rendering progresses, the image of the left and right sides of the car was broken.

1. It is uncomfortable because it is seen as full size for capturing sequencer starting from version 1.13.
    I hope it is as small as the previous version when shown.

2. Can you explain about this option?
    ((Smooth Camera =10 , Camera Smooth ?))

Youtube Link

Hi!

Thank you, the weekend went very well with my family) I hope you have a good weekend too)

1. Can you show frames where you have different brightness?
    Give me a scene?
    If you have different brightness in the scene in separate eyes, set the Exposure value in PostProcess to manual values. Otherwise, if recording occurs, the brightness may be different if the values are automatic.

2. This looks like artifacts from a lack of video memory.
    Try to reduce the load on the memory. There are several solutions to do this.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre…49#post1598649
    It may also be necessary to disable And remove the atmospheric fog and exponential height fog.

3. I do not understand. Can you tell us more? Does the red cube bother you?
    Or aspect ratio?
    This can be changed by removing the tick aspect ratio of 2: 1
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/unre…71#post1619171 Update 1.12 desctiprion.

In update 1.13, I added two new actors, Camera2D_Rec and Camera_Point_2d.
I also fixed the screenshots recording mode in Camera_Rec_360 so that the sequence of images corresponded to the frame rate.

1. Smoothing the camera makes camera turns smoother.
    For example, in the roller coaster, there are sharp turns, and you can make them smoother.
    Go to the Demo_example map, and see examples of smooth motion cameras. Point Spline+Target Zone.

Did the solution help you?
I’ll check now, maybe I missed something

So got it all working with Sequencer thank you for making in easier - the one final problem with that is you seem to have to kill the Cut Track layer - I thought i got it too work once with throwing your 360 camera into sequencer and making the cut track point to it and making sure your camera was active bu I couldnt reproduce . Its important to keep the cut track there so you can render the scene normally as well - i hate the cut track - i think its a complete waste of whatever the ■■■■ it does - it causes so many problems but until they get rid of it it would make it alot less confusing if your plugin worked with it - cuz otherwise i gotta duplicate the timeline and the second you make a change on one then what do you do - it makes it challenging when you are doing alot of different things and say working on a normal movie at the same time as a Dome Show or VR thing -
Also what could be cool is if the icon for the camera had lines radiating outward to show what views would be where in the scene - maybe color coded - so you could see what stuff is flowing thru the left or right views or the top etc - now you have to kinda guess - its hard o really know where the boundaries are .
Also can u explain the use cases for the 6 camera render ? and which would be the best to render for a Dome - I 'm using the 360 one at the moment .

thanks
Arcane

Good day!

1. Can you send me a scene with Cut Track Camera? I’ll see what I can do to save Cut Track.

2. I think I understand what boundaries you are talking about, I will see what can be done.

3. Rendering view of the dome?
    Example youtube: https://www.youtube.com
    I need to think.

4. New mode Rendering 6 cameras.
    https://forums.unrealengine.com/unreal-engine/marketplace/1595263-camera-360-system-blueprints?p=1633535#post1633535

Tutorial https://youtu.be/6OiK2n6ZcSI

In each frame there is a pause, then the camera turns in 6 positions and makes 6 screenshots for each direction, and we will get all the directions.
Then the pause is turned off and the next frame begins.

Next step Render the final image in 360 using the IMG Media Source. It works only through the system of screenshots. Sequencer does not work.
But he does not use SceneCapture2D and allows you to render heavy scenes, including raytracing.
I hope I explained everything well, I hope the video tutorial will give you the answer.

Thanks for explaining to me. I use the camera’s parallel 3D.

But if you need to change the angle of the camera, you can go to actor _camera _point_360 and try
select SceneCapturedComponent2D_3_Left and SceneCapturedComponent2D_3_Right, Scale 0.0001 to Scale 1.0 and rotate a few degrees.
These cameras are responsible for the front 2D view.

​​​​​
Hi, Arcane!

Can you see if this debug mode show border suits you without a species name?

Or add the names of each type, example: Front, Back …

Thanks!

I checked the sequencer. I found a solution, and everything works, keeping the camera. I will tell you what to do.

Tutorial 7. Working in Sequencer.

1. You need to add 2 actors Camera_Rec_360 and Camera_point_360 to the sequencer.
  2. Actor Camera_point_360 - attach a snap in your camera.
  3. Activate true value - in real time in the editor
  4. Camera_Rec_360 - Make the main camera.

I understand everything correctly?
If not, send more information or a customized scene with a camera. To make it easier for me to understand.

HI~
Thank you for your answer.

1. I’m sorry. My scene is the company project scene.
    cannot be shared
    I always manually fixed the brightness in the postprocess.
    I’ve been testing other scenes.

new testing~~~~
Exposure - Metering Mode = manual

1. My GPU ram7gb.

It’s too bad if you can’t use the
atmospheric fog and exponential height fog.

I’ve been testing other scenes.
unreal engine 4 texture streaming pool~~~~~~~~

1. Never mind this question.
    Not every time the symptoms are the same.

The sequence capture window was full size.
But now it is small again.
It’s back to normal.

I’m sorry if you didn’t understand.
I am using an Internet translator.

4 .I understand your answer.

And Thank you for your further reply.
The current camera’s parallel 3D.
I understand
I’ll try to modify it if I want to.

I have work to do, so I’m testing time and time.
I’m working for the company.
Have a nice day.

HI~
There is a new issue today.

HighResShot system Recording = viewport Same

Sequencer systems Recording = Dark~~~~

Wouldn’t this have something to do with the latest information?
UE 4.22.3
unreal engine 4 linear color curves now accurately handle rgb values

My Youtube Upload Link

1/

1. I understood
  2. You can use atmospheric fog and an exponential increase in height, but this can be a big load on the video memory.
    Seams may also appear in mode 360, 180.
  3. Ok :slight_smile:
  4. Ok :slight_smile:

I’ll see why this can happen. unreal Engine 4 very often updates its engine.
I will write to you later. Thanks!

I am preparing a new update, it will be able to render in 2D stereo mode with less load on the video memory. I hope that you can rendering without artifacts using a sequencer.

HI~~~
I look forward to your new update.
Expect performance improvement in 2D stereo mode

I suggest an idea to help you develop it.
I hope these contents are added.

These are the items on the plug-in that the previous programmer developed.
It is a plug-in used during the rendering of version 4.11 Matinee.
I used to render 2D stereo mode with this.
But it is not available now.

Attached is a screen shot.

If you look at the image, you will be able to guess roughly.
I just want to bear with you and get an idea.
I hope it helps.

I hope you have a good weekend.~~

Good day!
Thanks for the ideas, I try to release more updates to improve the product.
Unfortunately sometimes development takes a lot of time. I’ll see what i can do.
I will send a new update today. I think it will take 2 days.
Have a nice weekends too))

Hey
I found another solution for the cut track - If you right click n it and de-activate it and then right click and go into properties and de-activate it in there as well it seems to work fine - without adding your stuff to Sequencer
In terms of the visual aid - thats somewhat useful but even when i click realtime it doesnt seem to update alll the time . What I was saying if you had a way to visualize it off the camera so when you are in the top view or front views you could see general guidlines as to where things will appear on the dome - so if you had spokes that showed the zones radiating out from the camera with to close to the camera zone and visible far away markers - comfort.jpg something like this but spherical that can be seen in the ortho views - just an idea - i can just attach X’s to my camera and make them not render. It would be more important for the stereo for sure - most stereo 3d renderes in DLC softwares have this

News 06/29/2019. Update 1.13 fix2.

New update released.

What changed?

Youtube: https://youtu.be/7EMAmT572w0

1. Added Debug border and red cube for Camera 360.
Debug border - shows the borders of the camera frame.
Debug Red cube - If the image has the wrong size, it will be visible on the render. If it bothers you, you can turn it off.

***2. Added Stereo mode for Camera2D. ***This mode does not use RenderTargetTexture2D.

• Used SplitScreen for stereo. Do not forget to activate SplitScreen in the project settings.

***3. Found a way to change the size of the render Target Texture 2D all at once. ***
Youtube 4 min 33 sec. https://youtu.be/7EMAmT572w0?t=273

1. You need to select all the textures;
  2. Then press the right button and select -> asset action -> Bulk edit via property matrix

1. Select all RenderTargetTexture2D and chose Size X and Size Y in RenderTargetTexture2D

4. Apply and Save.

Known issues:

1. UE 4.18 some postprocessing does not work. In recent versions 4.22 there are no such problems (for example, shadows, bloom);
  2. Does not work with Camera CUT track in sequencer (It works, but it does not perceive the right eye).
    Remember, do not forget to use PostProcess settings to avoid seams.

***4. Changed the rotation of the camera. ***
The cameras now record the exact position and rotation of objects.
Added camera offset values in all cameras.
Please check the camera rotation in your past projects, it will be changed 90 degrees. This is necessary for the proper operation of the camera.
You need to change the camera direction to 90 degrees.
You can rotate the camera in the desired direction or specify the desired angle in the camera offset field.Camera_Offset.jpgIf You see any errors, be sure to write to the forum. Thanks!