Stylised Grass Causing Lighting Artifacts

HI there,
I am new to unreal and new to the forums too so hello! I am trying to create a scene with stylised anime esk grass. I have an issue with the grass casting shadows with causes massive artifacting on the grass mesh (all shadows at an angle to the camera are crosshatched). The mesh is composed of multiple double sided planes, shadow casting is turned off but it appears that directional lighting still causes the grass to cast a shadow onto itself. I don’t know where to go from here, I’m not sure if it is an UE5 issue (all tutorials I have followed to this point do not have this issue and are in UE4) or something else. Lumin’s global illumination is also off via a post processing cube.

Any help would be amazing, thanks.

This is the artifacts I get, I believe it is cause by an issue with normals but I have remade the model multiple times to no effect each time with vertex normals facing up as per the tutorials. I am exporting it from Blender.

Hi, my suggestion is, if you want to remove the self shadowing there are a few ways you can go about that, the easiest is to make the material unlit and emissive. That way you should be able to avoid this. Could you try that, and if it doesn’t work, send the material setup screenshot?