Stuck on preparing.

I have recently published my map and wanted to load into it to see if things were running smoothly. Every time I try to load into my map it sticks me in a loop where it is “preparing” constantly. I have tried on windows (two different devices), mobile and Xbox. All having the same issue. Other UEFN maps work just fine and upload as Intended.

Thanks,
Kian

Hi, would you be able to share the island code that triggers the issue?

Here is my code: 2421-4811-5506

I am also trying to upload a new version to see if that fixes the issue. However, it keeps failing the content review even though the only changes I’ve made is using fortnite made assets.

Thanks,
Kian

Just a follow up to this. I’m not sure if its useful but I have uploaded a new version, made it my main version and the issue is still persisting.

I have just tried to load into a private island code and the issue persists.

Hey @KianMckenna, we have a clue for what might be going wrong and we are investigating further. We will keep you posted in the next few days.

Ok sounds good. I look forward to it!

Hi, wanted to give you an update. We are still working on the issue. Our initial investigation suggested that a large number of module dependencies may be causing an extremely long initialization time. We have implemented a workaround, but are still working on confirming whether it is effective. I will update this thread when we have a confirmed fix. It may take a while and I’m afraid I can’t tell when a fix may be deployed at this point.

1 Like

No worries, I understand you are doing everything to the best of your ability. I look forward to the fix, but until then I will keep developing my map! Please take as much time as you need.

Thank you so much for the update,
Kian

1 Like

Hi! Just here to give another code that takes a very long time stuck on “preparing” or never launches at all (10+ minutes). If this is the same issue you have at least 2 repros.

9323-5206-5826

1 Like

Am 99% certain the Issue is using FAB Assets - Posted about this a while ago…
My Map with Fab Assets and long load times. - 6361-7912-8681

1 Like

Hi,

I noticed there was an update for fortnite today on pc to fix some UEFN issues. I saw that this issue is supposed to be fixed.

I have managed to get into a loading screen however I am experiencing very long load times that do not occur in other people’s games.

Is this bad optimisation on my part? Or is it a epic issue?

Thanks,
Kian

Hey Kian! Wondering if you ever ended up figuring this out? I’m having this problem with every code I generate for my island.

It’s been a while but I’m fairly certain support checked it out for me and it just randomly got fixed. I’m sorry I can’t help any further, but I’d definitely get in touch with support, whether it be on here or through the online form.

I do remember the issue stemming from the amount of FAB assets I had used on my map.

We have recently been seeing this take much as 20 minutes stuck on “Preparing…” when pushing changes. Is this a factor of how much content we have in our Island?

My island is stuck on Session Loading…

Edit Mode appears (Downloading 0%), Memory usage 75,275 ok, and I can’t publish it.

@DValdivia Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here? Fortnite Creative

The status of this incident has been moved from ‘Awaiting Validation’ to ‘Closed’.

I experience this too, I think it happens when you switch projects but I’m not sure.

Restarting the game + UEFN won’t work. You have to restart the computer.