Streaming Level ShouldBeVisible Lag

Hi, i want to add a streaming level to be loaded in the background. I am using a ULevelStreamingDynamic StreamingLevel and add it with World->AddStreamingLevel(StreamingLevel);. I then hide the level again after loading all at the start. So i am only showing the streaming level with SetShouldBeVisible(true);. But the frame rate drops quite significantly (80 about 30 frames in editor). Frame drops also happen in the build game … How can i improve the performance here? I tried to change. I tried to play with the streaming project settings but i see no impact with these. I would expect showing already loaded levels should be possible without any frame drops.

I’ve been having the same issue. The only thing that seems to improve things for me is to subdivide levels even further so there are less actors to process at a time. It seems more dependent on the number of actors than the complexity of those actors.

I would combine more actors, to reduce even further, but then that defeats the point of lumen, which breaks down when combining too many actors and the resulting meshes are too complex.

i dont care if it takes a couple of seconds to load … would be great if there was an option to just spread the loading across a longer span of time but then without lag. Defnetly dont want to hack it and start combining actors

Im using these settings now and it is running a lot better

1 Like