Strange / Dark reflections on Single Layer Water using Lumen in UE 5.2

Hi all,

I am getting unrealistic reflections on the SingleLayerWater from the Water plugin. Trying to get rid of them has already taken me a lot of time, without success.
Below is a regular wave (NumWaves=1) using the Water_Material with the default settings in the default ‘Blank project’ in UE5.2. The panning texture map (WaterTextureSurface) is bypassed because it conceals the effect. The elongated cube is inserted to show the WPO offset of the surface more clearly.

This is the result using Lumen reflections, with some of the base color but also the underlying landscape visible on the sides of the wave.

This is the result using uScreen Spacereflections, with a more realistic looking reflection of the sky on the sides of the wave.

With Lumen reflections, it looks a bit as if the ray that is hitting the water is not being reflected a second time to end up at the sky, as it is using Screen Space reflections.

I was hoping that this would be solved in version 5.2 (especially with the phrase ‘Implemented a fix for dark reflections with SingleLayerWater Materials in the Path Tracer’), but this does not seem to fix my problem.

Does anybody know the reason behind this and a possible solution for it?

This may or may not be related:

This is the Illumination / Reflection part of my Project Settings: