Steampunk environment and mechanism pack - [Submitted]

[edit 11/11/2014 ] :

it made it to themarket place queue

https://trello.com/c/moYDVYFV/156-steampunk-environment-pack

thx for all the support guys :slight_smile:

the tri count of the steampunk scene is a bit less then 200 k and the tri count of all the meshes occurances is a bit less then 500 k, texture size are about 30 x 512 ² and 16 x 1024² (some of them are ste in a 2048² to reduce per object material ID and draw calls)

as a side note and to avoid confusion I have to point out the fact that pack is all about modular steampunk assets (over 190) and not just the ship it self wich is “only” the demo scene (of course you can use it right out of the box, but so many different things can be done with pack … not just the use of the ship wich could be a bit limited :slight_smile: )

Hello guys

here’s some stuff I would like to share with the UE4 community. it’s a steampunk envirnoment and various mechanical assets pack, including a demo scene consisting about a huge steampunk flying aircraft. ( with the launch of the unreal engine 4 , I finally took the time needed to complete guy ^^ )

here some extra informations I’ve send to epic for approval :

over 190 assets, including

1 demo level of a 160 meters long hightly detailled steampunk airship,
mechanisms pieces (gears, cranks, links, pistons, etc ),
victorian style glass canopy set (13 modular pieces ),
full copper pipes set,
various mechanical pieces and architectural structures ( wings, statue, cylinders, boilers, flues, stairs, railings, terrace, roof, windows, lamps, supports, squares, sidewalks, doors etc …),
16 ground / wall textures,
5 different materials, 50+ material instances,

I’m not sure about the pricing at point … probably somewhere bewteen $75 and $125

here some screenshots :

and a little walkthrough for both the demo level and the assets list

I hope you’ll enjoy stuff and vote for it if it makes its way to the trello board :wink:

Nice

Nice i need demo!

I will be the first to buy !

I would so put the Imperial March from Star Wars music on the first scene. 8-}

And I would definitely look at buying … it looks . Going to have to get a second job to buy all these marketplace items.

glad you like it guys and thx for support :slight_smile: I’ve spend so many time on that stuff
I open to any suggestions too, since I’ve filled out the submission form and havn’t send anything to epic yet

What a gorgeous piece of art!
I’m not sure I need for my game or job, but probably will buy anyway!
Feels like FF9 + Bioshock infinite combo o

Woa , It’s just beautiful, great job

Looks great! I’d love to buy .

is the first thing I’ve seen on the marketplace where my thought process wasn’t trying to determine if it covered my needs. Instead I’m trying to come up with uses so I can justify buying it. :slight_smile:

Looks pretty cool!

That is one nice piece of artwork sir! I’ll definetly want to pick it up. I can only imagine what it would look like in VR :smiley:

Quick question though, being VR-ish related… how is the use of normal maps/ tessellation maps?

wow thx for all the support guys ^^

@saviorNT : I’m not sure about what you mean by “how is the use of normal maps” … every shaders in package use normap maps (and a diffuse and a glossines one of course) but there are no height maps. and honeslty I doubt about the efficiency of tesselation in that case, since all the details are pretty tiny (small border/ rivets etc) so you’d have to push the tesselation very far to catch all those details in the … and I’m don’t think it worth it …

watch the video from the thread starter. pause at 00:00
open video at 00:00 2001: A Space Odyssey Theme song - YouTube
and press play on both videos.

enjoy your epicness. (unrealness)

[FONT=Book Antiqua]polys, tris? texture size?

Triple A quality!

(reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy)

The bad thing about VR is for other than very small details, normal maps don’t work that well. Once puppy goes on sale and I get it, I’ll import it into a VR project and give it a look though and report back to you. My DK2 should be arriving within the next few weeks.

it made it to the trello board !! pls don’t hesitate to vote for it if you like it !!

https://trello.com/c/moYDVYFV/156-steampunk-environment-pack

thx for all the comments guys :slight_smile:

@saviorNT : definetely waiting for feedbacks ^^ an occulus rift DK2 … you’re lucky man :wink:

@ : the tri count of the steampunk scene is a bit less then 200 k and the tri count of all the meshes occurances is a bit less then 500 k, texture size are about 30 x 512 ² and 16 x 1024² (some of them are ste in a 2048² to reduce per object material ID and draw calls)

edit your first post and paste your link for more votes :slight_smile:
you can write the poly data in the first post too - its better for everyone

good idea ^^

thx for the support on the board guys ^^ 32 votes already !!

yeah ^^ it as been transfered to the marketplace queue !!

now just have to wait for updates from epic u__u

thx for all the support and the votes guys :wink:

as a side note and to avoid confusion I have to point out the fact that pack is all about modular steampunk assets (over 190) and not just the ship it self wich is “only” the demo scene (of course you can use it right out of the box, but so many different things can be done with pack … not just the use of the ship wich could be a bit limited :wink: =