Stationnary Light max number and overlap

Hello,

I am facing an issue in my game. This is a city, with some houses, NPC, and a sky system (UltraDynamicSky).
My lights in UDS are movable (both Sky and Sun).
For the inside of my house, in each house I use a stationnary light (with not a big radius to avoid overlapping). I also use static lightning in some place if it possible.

The stationnary light are placed in order to have light on the player and on the NPC when they enter the room, because with static light it is not affected. So I often add the stationnary light on a big chandelier that cover the room.

My problem is that sometimes, I place the light and everything is ok (it illuminates the NPC and I don’t have a red cross) and some time later I come back and then I see there is a red cross.
I know that this means 4 stationnary lights are overlapping but… There is no reason.
So I activated the “Stationnary Light overlap” mode in the viewport to see, and look at the scene and everything is green… Even where I have the red cross.

I don’t understand following things :

• Why the red cross appears sometimes and sometimes not ?
  • If I have the red cross that means the stationnary is disabled ? It becomes a static or nothing ?
  • Why is the “Stationnary Light overlap” mode not showing red area if there is something overlapping ? Is it because it doesn’t count the moveable light of my sky ? (in this case that mean this mode is not really usefull)
  • Would it be possible that the reason why I have an overlapping is because I have several lights in my sky ? I mean… UDS have a sun light (movable), a moon light (movable), two sky lights (movable, one capture based and the other with cubemap)… So even if I only use one sky light (I think ?), and even if the sun and moon are never here at the same time, maybe it doesn’t matter and it count ?
    In this case, if I have already 4 movables in my sky, that mean I can’t add stationnary at all ? I don’t understand everything…

I am using 4.26.

Thank you for your time and help :slight_smile:

All the best