Stationary player not colliding with rotating object

I created a Building Prop blueprint and added a cylinder to it, which I then rotate using Verse code.
This appears to work ok, and if the player runs towards the rotating cylinder, they mantle over it. If they walk towards it, it pushes them around as expected.
To me this suggests the collision detection is working as it should, but the problem is if the player stands still, the cylinder passed right through them.

I have tried changing the Collision Presets to various options on the cylinder object in my blueprint, but nothing changes this behaviour. I have also tried with and without CCD enabled, but again, no change to this passthrough behaviour.

Is there a setting I have missed somewhere that resolves this?

Video to illustrate this:

that has got to be a bug… how weird is that.

I’ve seen this as well. Actors moving a little too fast the player will clip right through them. As well if the actor is moving toward the player and the player runs at it. It seems related to collision updates happening not every frame and not updating the player to the position they should be in. I wonder what check box needs to be enabled in the physics of an actor to help this. Or if one of the collision types fixes it.

I had this same question back in May and the solution went unanswered. I think it’s just a bug or limitation of UEFN right now.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/t/looking-to-add-collision-to-object-moving-with-level-sequence/

Now if I want something to push a player I always attach a device such as a bouncer or mushroom to it to cause a collision.

Did you figure it out? i have the same problem

I have no idea if this will help or not, but there is a setting in the StaticMeshComponent for Use CCD which has to do with continuous collision detection.