Static mesh of a BP is not visible on child actor (where it is on the parent)?

I’ve attached a static mesh via a BP to parent actor. It is intended to be a weapon BP. The mesh shows up and works just fine for the parent actor but the weapon does not appear on the child actor in the game. It is visible before playing but when the game runs, it is not visible on the child whereas it is on the parent.

I’ve tried what seems obvious like looking at the Visible Boolean and Hidden In Game Boolean on the child and they are set to being visible and not hidden.

I can’t figure out how to diagnose this problem.

Hello, can you provide more informations please, how are you attaching the WeaponBP to the parent actor? Using skeletalMesh Socket Preview? Using AddComponent, Child Actor, and then set your WeaponBP? Or are you spawning it on ConstructionScript?

I used add component here to the parent actor. It works just fine. BP_MeleWeapon,

The child just has no weapon which is the sword.

Your advice worked. I attached in the character BP and it works just fine. thanks!

Are you setting the weapon on the child in the details panel? That doesn’t work anymore, you have to set the child properties in BP at runtime…

1 Like