I was wondering if it was possible to make a child actor component static. I know there is an option for it, but it does not seem to do anything.
What I would like is to bake lighting on it, which is currently not working. Because if I reopen my level, all the lighting for child actor blueprints are broken. But if I use the same actor in the level but not as a child actor it works fine.
- Create 2 blueprints with both a static mesh component with mobility set to static.
- Add one as a child component of the other one.
- Set the child actor component to static as well.
Place the parent in the world.
- Rebake lighting.
- Close map en open it up again.
- It will tell you to rebuild lighting.
It would be awesome if this works, that would open a lot of possibilities for structuring art. It would also be cool if the spawning of it in construction scripts could be done statically just like with static meshes.
Will/can it be supported in the future?