Star Wars: The Force Awakens

You didn’t think Maz Kanata looked completely wrong and out of place (because I did, the character was abysmally done)? Unfortunately there aren’t really any images of the character on the web yet, but I think it speaks volumes that scenes with the character were largely cut.

It might look like CG, but it looked better than what a puppet would look like—notice that with Unkar Plutt they replaced his face with CG so that he could have more realistic animation.

The CG added nothing to the film; she could just as easily have been a human character, or a humanoid character done up with prosthetics.

Yeah to be honest I’ve never liked any of the CG characters in Star Wars. Vehicles and environments, yes. Characters, no.

Don’t know if it was the projector I saw it on, but the cantina scene seemed to have a motion blur that made it really hard to see any aliens compared to A New Hope.

Unimpressed by this film and found it underwhelming in a creative way. I found it to be a step by step rehash of Episode 4 that touched on Episode 5 as it ended. I won’t go into detail but you can line-up point by point, scene by scene, elements in this movie that align with the high-points from the 1970’s flicks. I was more than little disappointed. Out of 10 stars I give it 7 (for visual effects and for nostalgia). Its fortunate for Disney that the memories of original shows had ample time to fade.

Luke appeared for two times.I hope Harisson Ford has enough health to play protagonist of Indiana Jones 5 within deutarogonist of Shia LeBouf character.I’m so excited.

It has been well over a week since I saw it, and for some reason, I have no desire whatsoever to see it again. This is the first time it happened to me. There is something fundamentally wrong with this movie.

Did you guys found some some Star Wars Episode VII mistakes?

People change. I was super excited about The Phantom Menace in 1999 and I was shocked and quite disgusted by it. That same year The Matrix came out, blew my mind, and my life continued on a much different path.

Star Wars VII is probably another significant “crossroads” moment for many people.

Nothing significantly wrong with the movie, movies themselves in any case have been eclipsed by the gaming industry.

I enjoyed watching it in 3d at the cinema and loved the effects but thats about it, I thought the acting was pretty bad most of the time, on the most part the acting seemed overdone, ford seemed the most natural fit and if he wasnt in it the movie it would have been abysmal, it seemed very disney almost childish at times and i thought the attempts at humour were exceptionally bad…some of the 3d effects were the best of any movie ive seen in 3d though so it was worth it for that, the story made bay movies seem deep, after it finished all i could think was that it was a shameful money making rehash of the 1977 classic

I hope J.J.Abrams will make some sort of Gonganians races in Episode VIII.Lots of characters disapeared from backwards trilogies and lot of them are dead?I hope in Episode VIII we’ll see speechful Luke Skywalker,Rey’s parents,Lando Carlistian,Bobba Fett,Watt from Tatooine planet,maybe new Jabba’s clan and Sebulva.

I have not seen Yoda, i am a bit disappointed…

Well, he’s dead.

The 3D was acceptable given the amount of effects and cinematography that had to be covered. I do admire the effort put in by all the artists. The acting and so on, yes, lamentable.

At the end of the day I guess it’s time to move on with life.

Master Yoda was too old and died in Episode VI.

master yoda can’t die !

So macoll there are many fan fictions about Darth Snoke.I mean rumours one YouTube user said he’s Palpatine Remake or second one he’s Jar Jar Binks Remake.One theory confirms Rey’s father are Luke Skywalker.Real name of Rey has to be Kira Skywalker.

My (negative) thoughts on SWTFA:

Story too similar to IV.
Kylo Ren was a poor antagonist.
Ford seemed tired of it all.
Anyone could use a light sabre expertly after touching it.
Iko Uwais, Yayan Ruhian and Cecep Arif Rahman were TOTALLY wasted in this film, Abrams could’ve done so much more with this talented bunch, crying shame.

That said, I did enjoy the first third and the dog fights…that’s it.

Did anyone notice that cool bit in the trailer where Kylo Ren turns on his light sabre in the forest menacingly was missing? What’s up with that?

Half the shots from that trailer weren’t in the movie–or they were changed. That’s what happens when you release a trailer a couple of weeks after you go into post production.

By the way, as far as why they could use the lightsaber—Finn had training with melee weapons as a stormtrooper and Rey had experience for years using her staff, having the Force also helps.

My issue with the film is Starkiller base, which served little purpose and the depiction was immediately something you can’t believe—for example showing them able to see the planets destroyed in the sky from Takodana is impossible–they were in a different star system and the planet would have to be as close as our moon to be able to see it in the sky like that. Also, stars are usually light years away from each other–meaning that the beam at the fastest speed it could possibly go (the speed of light) would take years to reach its destination. Even if the beam was going into Hyperspace (nothing to indicate it was) it would have taken minutes to hours to reach another star system. Starkiller base would have also burned up considering how close it was to that star, and once the star was gone it would have frozen (everything would die).

Yeah, the Starkiller was pretty stupid and added nothing to the plot really.

As for trailers, most movie trailers now tend to be comprised of scenes shot specifically for the trailer, never intended to be shown in the movie.