Spring #UE4jam Submission Thread!

EDIT: I noticed my game was set on restricted for some reason and I’ve fixed the issue immediately. Forgive me for the troubles. Please download and give a try.

Team Name:
Néotl Empire

Team Members:
Franklin Iheanacho (‘yours truly’)

Game Name:
Man O’ Spring

Download:

Windows:
NeotlEmpire_ManOSpring

Pre-Made Content:
Sound Effects: Sound Bible - Tornado and ‘swoosh’ jumping.
Music: Kevin MacLeod - Happy Boy

Jarilojord - Seesaw Zenith

**Jarilojord presents: Seesaw Zenith!
Here is a link to my submission that I have chosen to call “Seesaw Zenith” : Jarilojord - Seesaw Zenith (UE4 Spring Gamejam).rar - Google Drive

About the game: You play as a fruit that need to find its way into a bucket of water. You need to keep the fruit in the air since it will explode upon impact with almost anything, so it is a constant battle with gravity.
The setting is also during the spring, of course, so there might just be a small wasp-infestation… you’ll see.

Everything in the project was created from scratch within the game-jam period by me (including all assets, music & sound effects etc). No templates were used either

The game has also got a pretty decent “random-weather” system which varies lighting, fog-density & Rain between levels, but Lighting and Fog are changeable in the ESC-menu if that is preferred!

Controls - WASD to add velocity to the fruit, ESC to open the menu and NUM5 to toggle a small cheat menu.
PLEASE NOTE: The cheat menu might confuse some of the AIs in the game, so I have added a “debug” button in the ESC menu. When you click it, the game will reset, but it will remember which level you were on, and send you right back!
ALSO NOTE: In the last level, there is a wasp-nest right at the beginning which will send out several angry wasps which will follow you around. SOME TIMES the wasps won’t be able to find you, but the debug-button in the ESC-menu will take care of it garuanteed!

General info:

• Team name: Jarilojord
  • Team members: [1] - Felix Seljeseth
  • Project name: Seesaw Zenith
  • Name of submission: Jarilojord_SeesawZenith

(If you manage to beat the last level, there will be a small price that I hope some of you will aprechiate ♪)**

Cheers!

Wonderbros

Download: Wonderbros

How to play:
Left, Right arrow (or A,D) to move
Up, W or Space to jump
S to stand still
Q to switch characters
E to spawn trampuline (if you have one), or pick one up

Team members:
Gordon Heiczman
Szatmári Bendegúz

Submission name: Flying Circus_Wonderbros

External content: carneval music by Slamboree

The Fi— Moment

The Fi— Moment

Download Link: Reminisce_The_Fi---_Moment.zip - Google Drive
Team name: Reminisce
Team Member: Sig
Name of submission: Reminisce_The Fi— Moment

As a baby of small animal, reach to safezone.
Snakes are looking for food, but they can’t detect stationary things.
Keep silent, and hide from them.

Your death is not the end of your specie.
Beyond corpses of your family.

Pre-made content: grid materials

Download Link: RematchStudios_TheSpringers.rar - Google Drive

Team Name: RematchStudios

Team Members: 5

Team Members Name : Saad Khan , Taha Rizvi , Hunain Ayaz , Aqib Zahid , Nimer Aslam

Name of Submission: RematchStudios_TheSpringers

Third party assets:
animations
Two starter content materials
sounds:www.freesfx.co.uk

Made for VR: HTC Vive

Game:
A security guard at the springers bar is on a daily watch wishing he might just spring into action.

Controls:
Check Inside Game :slight_smile:

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByDY61Z0YjzeXzlsXzl1cnlsVGc/view?usp=sharing
Team name: 's Half-Baked Games
List of team members:
Name of your submission: Springer
Special Category: Under 100 MB

Description: 2D Platformer using springs to move around. Kind of like Sonic the Hedgehog, only much worse and way shorter.

Controls: A & D to move around, Space to jump.

Content Notes: Most content by me, spring sound effect taken and modified from freesound.org, level blockout created using the Supergrid Pack on the marketplace.

Other notes: Short on jam time this weekend, but that wasn’t going to stop me from participating in the first quarterly jam. As always had a ton of fun. Just wish I had the time to make more game. Always needs more game.

Gameplay:

Download

Team: Erebus Design
Members: Nathan Harris (aka Derjyn), Allen (no joke)
Submission Name: ErebusDesign_SpringUp

========================================================
Notes

You need a microphone! Only a handful of phrases were able to get added in before
deadline (too much time got drained on L-System adventuring and spline mesh battles). Here
are the commands there so far:

• Turn [red, green, blue, yellow, orange, pink, purple]
  • I hate you
  • I love you
  • Quit game

Also, escape quits as well. Wish we had more time to add more flair and fully implement
the plant growth system :frowning: Anyhow, it’s a fun toy!

Side note: Not one person, NOT ONE… Walked by and tried this without cussing
at the plant. Slightly entertaining, but we found it took some magic to get the speech
recognition system to catch foul language. We got it finally, but didn’t have time to
implement feedback for that. The fun bit, was sitting there debugging and dev’ing,
with a valid reason to be cussing up a storm.

Our goal was to have the plant grow and react differently for “nice” and/or “mean”
phrases. Also wanted the environment to evolve as well.

========================================================
Credits and Thanks’susus

• Epic for the kinda-okay engine (I kid, I kid)
  • ShaneC for the SphinxUE4 plugin
  • Rama <3 for VictoryBP
  • Blueman for BluemanBP
  • Jonas Mølgaard for his L-System tutorial series… (last time any of us tinkered with
    L-Systems was 10 years ago on a TI-89. Weee!)

Peace out!! We look forward to our t-shirts and else’s entries. Looks like we got some crazy stuff this jam!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz1NF3zxPfYqVWtUcElOMnd2TU0

RennAndNyxi
(Renn Farnell - Nicola Bednarz)

RennAndNyxi_The Rite of Spring

Bring “spring into action” by drawing the wisps to the mystical runestones scattered around the world of Nyxeria.

Controls:
WASD to move
MOUSE to look

Hold Space to Charge Jump
Hold Space in air to charge a second Jump
Hold Space in air a third time to Glide

ESCAPE key enters and exits the menu

Progression:
The onset of spring empowers your fairy, each area that you spring into action and life empowers your jump and move speed. Explore each area and bring the wisps to the rune stones in order to bring the world out of winter and into a time of prosperity and light!

P.S Does a 100MB Rar count for the Speciality category?

Perforce Jockeys - Pet Terminator

http://prnt.sc/erqmsg

Pet Terminator is a VR (HTC VIVE), Multiplayer shoot to kill.

TEAM: Perforce Jockies
TITLE: Pet Terminator
Members: BananaKing932, SterlingY
Specialty Category: VR

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5E0iKDNyyECTXU2MC02aE11NUU

Assets
Music and SFX www.audioblocks.com
Some materials from Game Textures Free pack on UE4 Marketplace

HOW TO CONNECT TO A GAME:

Start game (will be in non VR mode at first), you will be greeted with a menu.

1. Push “Play” to act as server
  2. Push “Find Games” to find an active LAN game
  3. If you want to connect to a server over the internet, make sure the server is started using the “Play” button and on the client’s use console command: open <IP Address of Server Here>
  4. After connecting to a game, stereo/VR mode should start automatically.

HOW TO PLAY:

1. Use the triggers on your controllers to shoot at the other player

Sea Boxers

**Download the game here: ** https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6wIq0siMfcfMUxhTzdrRWlxUGM

Game requires two gamepad controllers, like the Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

*Move with the left thumbstick, aim with the right thumbstick and hold left and right trigger for left and right punch! *

Best played with friends! **

Team name: SpringArmMech

List of team members:

Gabriel Ruschel (Game Programmer)
Matheus Castanheira (Gameplay Camera Programmer)
Rafael Brum (2D and 3D Artist)
Thiago Cancian (Sound Editing, Game Design and Level Editing)

No gameplay content was created before the jam. The gameplay, camera and game concept were developed on April 1st of 2017.

**Credits (and a big thanks) to: **

:heart: Epic Games for UE4 and the Starter Content :heart:

:heart: for SuperGrid :heart:

:heart: Steven O’Brien for the game’s and only music :heart:

:heart: Koenig, Simion, CGeffex, stephan and Evans at Soundbible.com for the CC SFXs :heart:

:heart: Water Material by Hired GunGames :heart:

:heart: Game Builder Club and Building 3d Game Birds Gameapp Maker Co. for its Illustrious post-process asset :heart:

:heart: Ginkgostory for the Modular Wooden Prop Pack :heart:

Launch Party

TeamName:ProjectPVE

This is a Spring Based was supposed to be a party game for LAN but due to time constraints all we got implemented was a Deathmatch system. Pick from up to 8 playable classics like, Grumpy Glasses, Horse’s ***, Kancho Fingers, Carrot, Bunny’s ***, A boxing Glove, A Bee, and a Hammer. Battle with your friends in this semi competitive thing.

Controls are simple, Use the mouse to line up your crosshairs and press space bar or LMB to spring your spring into that direction. Try to ram other players to earn points. Watch the Kill Cam to see how you died. If you get stuck, Pressing F will reset your jump.

Launching the game sends you to the menu, where if it’s your first time launching the game it will ask you for a user name. Once set you can Host or Join a game. Currently this only works on LAN. No Internet support yet. Once you host/join a lobby you will need to select your class and ready up with the X/Checkmark in the top right of the players list. Only 1 person can be any 1 class at a time. And you cannot launch the game until is ready.

There are some bugs with the Kill Cam system. We did not get to implement a TDM and “Rocket league” mode. There are 2 levels players can play on with different themes. Sci-Fi and Easter.

During our dev time our bit bucket server crashed and took some hours to rebuild and bring back online.

Trailer Video: Launch Party Trailer - YouTube
Gameplay Video: Launch Party Gameplay Trailer - YouTube
Instructions Video (Low Audio Quality): Game Jam! 2017 Launch Party Instructions! - YouTube

Download is here: https://drive.google.com/a/projectpve.com/file/d/0B2tKsUw-CRnwZFJENWowc0dkV0E/view?usp=sharing

Team Members:

Devon
Emily
Brian

Premade Assets:
All Sounds were brought in from external sources or what was in the Starter content in UE4
Everything else was made by the team

General info:

Team name: TeamyMcteamface
Team members: [1] - owninator
Project name: gameyMcgameface
Name of submission: TeamyMcteamface_gameyMcgameface

download link : teamyMcteamface_gameyMcgameface.7z - Google Drive
game info : time based score runner. if you sustain trauma your movement is affected, you can recover but it will cost points

controlls : space jump and F to recover from heavy trauma … A and Y on controller

sourced assets : old menu.
Page under construction for the human rig
used a material function Luos made.
the epic leaderboard plugin

Spring Game Jam - Spring Chicken

By Deep Space Games

https://deepspacegames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/title_done.png

[video]

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9_Ts0ow-gfFWXRyOEo2aDRJLWc

Deep Space Games

DeepSpaceGames_SpringChicken

Team Members

Third party assets

1. Peterson’s Space Scape Generator
  2. Off To Join the Circus .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  3. Come See the Show .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  4. Happy day March .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  5. Hokey Funokey .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  6. Bang Bash_1 / _2/ _3 .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  7. barnyard bash .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  8. Birds Rooster Bawk_2 / _3 / _4 .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  9. bak buh bakaa .WAV from AudioBlocks.com
  10. Cousin Louies .WAV from AudioBlocks.com

Download link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0acia-UkbVCa2dQSDAtUlY4NU0
Team name: GGG
List of team members: Glunder
Submission name: GGG_JumpIn
Description: You control spaceship. Your mission is to get​ close enough to the data container to get information. Wait for the best moment, jump in a system, evade missiles and get the information. But after your springing into action the enemy will start to erase data. You should be as fast as possible.
Content notes: I used stars texture from Engine Content and explosion particles from Starter Content. Everything else was done by me during Game Jam.
P.S. Can’t PM you.

Spring Kingdom

Spring Kingdom

Download for Windows (39 MB)

Team: ReeJK
Members: ReeJK
Name Of Submission: ReeJK_SpringKingdom

Controls:
Standard usage for WASD + Mouse
Space - Jump
E - Use
LMB - Throw

All assets was created specially for jam, except ambient sound (Mason - Attraction)

Spring To The Action

link to download of my game : https://www.dropbox.com/s/abc2u4h724t7el9/lightify_sring%20to%20action.zip?dl=0
Team name: Lightification
List of Team Members: Vamshik M.
Name of My submission: Spring To The Action

Controls and details:
use arrow and WSAD keys to move along with space to jump and E to interact
aim is to go to the action sphere on the top, avoid all obstacle dummies in the go.
If you fall of the ledge, you die.

disclosed conttent: 2 ground textures on the top zone were photographed befeore
other texture were made during the period
character mesh used pre made substance.
everything thing else was made during the duration using blender, gimp, Xnormal and sculptris.

[video]Billy Bust Up! [UE4 Spring Game Jam] - YouTube

Game Download https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AOTvMrkwtb3o5cY&id=5A6604E6B138AE82!37153&cid=5A6604E6B138AE82
Team name: Blueprint Games
List of team members , Katie Nelson, Guy Boxall, Sam Williamson
Name of your submission BlueprintGames_BillyBustUp
Game Description Collect golden statues and eat socks whilst avoiding the demon goats
Game Controls

The goats seem to have a glitch after packaging so don’t talk to them or you won’t be able to leave :frowning:

Shift - Roll
Space - Jump/Double Jump/Fly
Right Click - Attack

Third Party Content Used

background mountains are also from suntemple

Back for the UE4 Spring Quarterly Jam, it’s SPROINKS!

Join our springy heros as they venture into a mad scientists lair who is systematically straightening all the springs in the land (oh no!)

Download the game HERE
Team name : Crackpot Gumption
List of team members: jwainwright
Name of your submission: CrackpotGumption_Sproinks

Info

Sproinks is a fast paced springy platformer for up to 4 players where bouncing and rocket jumping are as much of an asset as they are an impediment.

Dodge pits, kill mean robots, reach the exit at the end of three levels.

GAMEPAD HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Controls:

Left Thumbstick (or WD on keyboard) controls the angle and speed of the bounce/run.

Right Thumbstick (Mouse) Controls the gun arm

Holding the Left Trigger (or right mouse) empowers a spring, making it go further and faster.

Right Trigger (or left click) fires a rocket.

THINGS TO KNOW

Color is important. Purple blocks allow for bouncing without any momentum loss, allowing for massive and extremely fast jumps. Red blocks kill all vertical momentum but significantly speed up your low to the ground bounces. Rockets can be used to rocket jump pretty much anywhere.

Assets Not Created During the Jam

I really tried to complete everything solo this time, but simply ran out of time.
I pulled music from the
Game Music Mega Pack : Game Music Mega Pack in Music - UE Marketplace

and some Sound FX from
Universal Sound FX : Universal Sound FX in Sound Effects - UE Marketplace

Spring Rider VR

Link to a download: DOWNLOAD](Impossibility_SpringRiderVR.zip - Google Drive)
Team name: Impossibility
List of team members: Vasily Gnuchev
Name of your submission: Impossibility_SpringRiderVR

Spring Rider VR is a simple endless run game with lot’s of fun physics, ragdoll animations and springs. And Spring Riders, of course!
Try it - HTC Vive required!

Controls:
R_Trigger: Fire
L_Trigger: Jump
Right/Left Thumbstick - Dodge

Content that was created before the jam that was included in the final submission:
I used standard Unreal VR_Template, grass texture from here and used some sound assets from FreeSound (sounds by users: zagi2, stumpbutt, suntemple).
No other previously created assets used.

Link to a download of the game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4sMByUH_ow_dTlqY2FzQlNlcTg/view?usp=sharing
Team name: Space Skeletons
List of team members: Dmitry Seregin, Alina Israfilova
Name of your submission: SpaceSkeletons_BriarInTheClockworkDungeon

Controls:
WASD - move
Left Mouse Button - use Spring Shaft
Esc - quit game

Pre-existing content:
animations of the player character