Spatial Profiler showing 7.9gb on empty map UEFN 41.2

Summary

I started up a completely blank map in UEFN (just two player spawners and a few default grid planes) and immediately went way beyond critical memory usage (7.9 GB out of 7.2 GB) when using the spatial profiler.

I had a similar issue with the previous UEFN version, but the problem has only worsened (it used to be only 6.6 GB on a blank map).

Needless to say, this is still a huge issue in UEFN, as it makes the spatial profiler completely unusable for its intended purpose. I’m working on an island that heavily relies on spawning actors and scenegraphs (procedural map generation) and i need good data to see if i’m within acceptable memory limits.

I would love to know if this is an isolated issue specific to my system, or if others are experiencing this as well.

My system: RTX 3090, 128 GB of RAM, Ryzen 9 (12-core)

Please select what you are reporting on:

Unreal Editor for Fortnite

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Memory Calculation

Steps to Reproduce

Create an island on blank template

Expected Result

Every stat on spatial profiler should be green since it is a completely blank map

Observed Result

Spatial Profiler showing 7.9GB memory on a completely blank map

Platform(s)

PC

Upload an image

Additional Notes

This problem seems to be on every map on my system

1 Like

I have the exact same issues, and it’s making it impossible to finish my map because I have a larger game that needs clear data in order to optimize.

I also started a new blank map, and the spatial profiler is showing an average of 6.8. It’s been between 6.8 and 7 for me consistently. On my larger map is goes above 8 and sometimes above 9.

My system: RTX 4070ti, 32 GB of RAM, Ryzen 9 7900x (12-core)

Hello, could you both please check whether this is still happening after the latest update? Thank you!

Yes, it’s worse now. I stopped looking at it as a guide for actual memory usage

1 Like

On the completely blank map I’m still getting surprisingly high numbers. I ran the session in both DX12 and Performance Mode and the GiB numbers did differ, but both seemed high. In DX12 mode I was averaging about 5.5. in performance mode it’s about 4.5.

That is on a blank map.

I’ve stopped testing on my current main project because the numbers are meaningless at this point and I have no idea what they even mean because they get so inflated. Even with all of my data layers unloaded, and doing a test where I stripped out all devices I still average 6.5 GiB on my current project.

One thing I did notice with the frame times: If the window I’m focused on is the spatial profiler or UEFN the frame times are much higher than if the window I’m focused on is the Fortnite game client running.

Frame times if UEFN or the Spatial Profiler are my focused window: over 30
Frame times if the Fortnite game client in my focused window: below 15

I’ll share screenshots.

I noticed this too same thing i have complete red squares on an island with 20k memory

Is this a mistake ? @rhyan.smith @Flak I dnt use the system due to this bug!!!

I’ll see what I can find out.

1 Like

In 42.00 we added fixes for the out of focus frame time, ultimately widows throttles out of focus rendering processes which we want as it keeps the system performant. So the fix in this case ultimately is to recognize when this is happening and not consider it relevant. This will mean you’d see it in the frame timeline but we won’t consider it a valuable frame in the overall analysis.
If your seeing that issue still please open up a new report.

For the original post we have not been able to reproduce this internally, sometimes this means it’s been fixed directly or indirectly but not mapped to the ticket in question. I don’t think this explains this case however. If you’re still able to reproduce this can you hit that memory capture button and send us the more detailed information it provides.

We’re investigating into this issue, would you be able to provide us with your logs? You are welcome to send them to me in a DM too

How do i get the snapshot when taken ?

EDIT: oops, ignore me. See LittleGiant’s reply Spatial Profiler showing 7.9gb on empty map UEFN 41.2 - #17 by LittleGiant

Other logs

Getting UEFN logs: How to get your Fortnite logs

For console you can submit a bug report within fortnite, follow this guide https://www.epicgames.com/help/fortnite-battle-royale-c-34254770/gameplay-c-33726977/how-to-submit-a-fortnite-bug-report-in-game-a14422706

1 Like

That button there.

I know about the logs i mean this memory snapshot that @LittleGiant mentioned. I just created a project and its blank island and its instant red so idk why you cannot repro it maybe its fixed on your build idk. I have clicked on “Take Snapshot” but where is this located so i can share it with the team to help fix the issues ?

I clicked this but where is the report located ?

I might be doing something wrong so please advise as i wanna use this feature but its broken atm :frowning:

I might have seen now i have to click show the things which seems off but here…

Got this as well with the value as you can see its a blank island

I also clicked save and it saves this file would you like this sending ?

Yes, we would very much appreciate that file :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sent it to Rhyan via discord as idk what’s in it. Let me know if you need anything else i’ll help in anyway you need to get this fixed :slight_smile:

Could we also get client logs?

Fortnite Game Logs

  1. In the search field in the bottom right corner, type (or copy/paste) *%localappdata%\FortniteGame\Saved\Logs*
  2. Press the Enter key
  3. Attach the following files to your reply or DM
    FortniteGame
    FortniteLauncher
    FortniteGame-backup-[date]

I’ll dig into all these logs and files you’re asking about in the next couple of days.

Here are the logs and the snapshot for the session I ran on a blank starter template map. Hopefully this is what you were looking for? I have a couple live session snapshots here, and logs in a couple different files just to be sure you get what you were looking for:

Live Session_2026_09_13_20_45.json (1.1 MB)

Lore.log (82.3 KB)

UnrealEditorFortnite.log (1.3 MB)

Live Session_2026_09_13_20_51.json (555.9 KB)

Logs.zip (5.1 MB)