Volumetric Space Cloud and Starfield System
New Space-Nebula and Starfield V3 Demo-Hallway!
It gives an interactive overview of all the new Plugin’s features, like various use-cases of the Volume-Creation-Pipeline, as well as different techniques of Volume-Raymarching. Within the Editor this Demo-Level will show how to adapt and extend those features in order to create your own specific type of Space-Nebula and Starfield scenes.
Space-Nebula and Starfield Plugin V3 is a complete overhaul of V2, following the same principles of Nebula-Creation and -Rendering, but it is now a more general Tool to Design and Visualize Volume-Textures in UE4. Under the hood it is implemented using C++ and Compute-Shaders, allowing Blueprint and Material to be used for minimalistic but powerfull design- and customize-purposes.
V3 Demo-Hallway Screenshots:
- Nebula-Alpha, -Zed, -Omega, -Kappa
- Galaxy, Sun, Atmospheric-Cloud, Polar-Lights, Rainbow
- Basic example for painting Nebula and Flow
- Basic examples of applying Nebula- and Vectorfield-Volumes into Niagara
- Procedural Starfield
- Import examples of Brain-CT and Mitch-Meyer’s Cloud
- Signed-Distancefield testings Nebula-Sigma, Gas-Planet, Metaballs
- Fun with Cellular-Automata, Cyclic-Cellular-Automata and Cellular-Nonlinear-Network
- Various Cellular-Automatas
- Color-Lookup (Color Transition, LUT) from Curves and Color-Points
- Distancefield Acceleration
- Advanced Rendering (like V2) (Color-Lookup, Microstructure, Acceleration)
- Simple Rendering (Basic Raymarcher)
- Block Rendering
- Signed-Distancefield Rendering (Color-Lookup)
Unreal-Engine Compatibility: 4.25+
Tested on Windows DirectX/Vulkan and Linux Vulkan
V3 will soon be included in the Space-Nebula and Starfield V2 marketplace entry as “Experimental”. Remaining steps are Documentation, Code-Cleanup and -Commentary.
A Nebula with different LUTs in Post-Processing:
Please note that the feedback from the community is important to us. Please share your thoughts on the forums. We will take the comments and continue working on those interesting features that you have suggested.
Marketplace ✧ V2/V3
Marketplace ✧ V1
✧ Download ✧
V1/V2 ✧ Download(Win64)
V2 ✧ Download[SIZE=14px] (Win64)
V1 ✧ Download ](Space Nebula and Starfield V1/2/3 Marketplace - Public - Google Drive)(Win64)
Other Videos[Gustav Holst - The Planets (1916)](https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E-tqx-1AM4) [Chiptune](https://youtu.be/Z1QGTftx3Oc) [Experimental/Ambient](https://youtu.be/reMxUNUcq6w)
First Mapping of Interstellar Clouds in Three Dimensions - NASA Astrobiology
Scientists just 3D imaged the birthplace of stars using sound - Science
New 3D map will help solve long-standing cosmic mysteries - Australian National University
Musca molecular cloud (G301.70-7.16) located ~150 to 200 pc from Earth
The image shows parts of the ESA GAIA Star Atlas of the milky way Technical Document
Ryan Brucks (Principal Technical Artist at Epic Games) - for his works on volumetrics and textures. http://shaderbits.com
IQ (Pixar and co-founder of ShaderToy) for his revolutionary work and tutorials. http://www.iquilezles.org
Aris Tritsis (Astrophysics Research - Australian National University) for his work on the mapping of Space Nebulae.
Prof. Dr. Christof Rezk-Salama (Graphics and Visualization Department, Hochschule Trier). https://www.hochschule-trier.de/index.php?id=15050
Mitch Meyers for his awesome VDB Cloud Packs https://www.mitchmyers.tv
- Communication -