Source users must build UE4Game manually in Visual Studio for Android packaging

I have been trying to test the OBB downloader for the 4.8 build and I am having issues just packaging the game. I tried packaging the 2D side scroller template as well as a game I made.

BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Missing receipt ‘AndroidTest1-Android-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Stacktrace: at Project.CreateDeploymentContext(ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicat
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): edServer, Boolean DoCleanStage) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 1409
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 1463
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 211
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at BuildCommand.Execute() in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildCommand.cs:line 37
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 380
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 352
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 175
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Utils.cs:line 716
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): at AutomationTool.Program.Main() in d:\UnrealEngine-promoted-04.29.15\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 117
MainFrameActions: Packaging (Android (All)): Program.Main: ERROR: Missing receipt ‘AndroidTest1-Android-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.

I noticed that someone on another forum was having a similar issue when packaging for iOS. Any ideas? I know that this isn’t an official release yet but my game is on iOS and Amazon and I would like to start marketing Android as well.

Hi thevfxguy13,

The missing receipt issue is a known one (for reference, UE-13689). It has been fixed for the upcoming 4.8 release, however, it does not appear to have made it into the 4.8 preview 1 that was released yesterday. Keep checking the subsequent previews to see if it makes it in before the actual release.

Good luck!

I appreciate the response and look forward to the fix. Thanks!

Same problem. So it is not possible to package for android in any way with the current preview?

I was able to finally package and upload my game to Play with 4.8 Preview 2

Preview 1 didn’t work. Did not try Preview 3.

This still doesn’t seem to be fixed in Preview 3 or latest 4.8 github 4.8 as of (5/19)

Yeah, i CAN get it to work if i delete my config files (DefaultEngine.ini) but i thought i keep reporting the issue

Have same issue on iOS, but i’m using UE from GitHub, 4.8 branch (pull today)
Maybe i doing something wrong.

1. Clone UE from github, switch to 4.8 branch

2. start Setup.command and GenerateProject.comman

3. Open project in Xcode, select UE4Editor project, target platform is MyMac, using “Build for profiling” to build editor with Development scheme.

4. Run UE4Editor.app from Binary folder, and try to “Launch on” for my iOS device.

Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
    LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Missing receipt ‘EndlessDream-IOS-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.
    LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at Project.CreateDeploymentContext (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicatedServer, Boolean DoCleanStage) [0x00000] in :0
    LogPlayLevel: at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in :0
    LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun (AutomationTool.ProjectParams Params) [0x00000] in :0
    LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.ExecuteBuild () [0x00000] in :0
    LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute () [0x00000] in :0
    LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Missing receipt ‘EndlessDream-IOS-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.
    LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1

full log in attachment [link text][1]

43820-outputlog.txt (208 KB)

Have you tried the Unreal Engine Launcher? It is an easy system of downloading official releases, including the 4.8 Previews. Instead of building the editor from GitHub, I downloaded the 4.8 preview 2 with the launcher and got Android to build. Didn’t test iOS since it was building fine in 4.7.5.

Yes, i’m can use launcher, but for choosing architecture arm7,arm7s, arm64 needed github sources :wink:

This still happens in the final version of 4.8 if you build the source from github - but not from binary via the launcher

Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Missing receipt ‘UE4Game-Android-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.

This is certainly still broken in the tagged 4.8 release on Github. And it seems to affect packaging for Windows as well.

I was able to get around this by creating the xml files needed by trying to build from the binary version from the launcher (it will fail) then rebuild with the source version

this was also a issue for me because I used the string hack to name my game correctly.

Could you provide us with a log of the error?

Thx,
Pete

Also, another question, if you try a second time without changing anything, does it work?

-Pete

Hi all,

Compiling source for Development and Android in Visual Studio lets the builds succeed, and you will no longer get the ‘missing receipt’ error.

Good luck!

LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in AutomationScripts.Automation: Missing receipt ‘UE4Game-Android-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.
LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace: at Project.CreateDeploymentContext(ProjectParams Params, Boolean InDedicatedServer, Boolean DoCleanStage) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 1447
LogPlayLevel: at Project.CopyBuildToStagingDirectory(ProjectParams Params) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\CopyBuildToStagingDirectory.Automation.cs:line 1501
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Scripts\BuildCookRun.Automation.cs:line 211
LogPlayLevel: at BuildCommand.Execute() in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\BuildCommand.cs:line 37
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary1 Commands) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 380
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String[] CommandLine) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Automation.cs:line 352
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 172
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param) in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Utils.cs:line 716
LogPlayLevel: at AutomationTool.Program.Main() in u:\R\Unreal\ue4\Engine\Source\Programs\AutomationTool\Program.cs:line 119
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Missing receipt ‘UE4Game-Android-Development.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built.

Nope, it doesn’t. It always crashes like this.

Um, what do you mean? I am building the editor using the “Development Editor” configuration. I don’t get any “Android” in Visual Studio.