Source users must build UE4Game manually in Visual Studio for Android packaging

It should look like this:

Which project is that? That’s not the default UE4.sln solution, is it?

I have tried to package one of the example blueprint only projects, so I don’t have a code project to compile in VS.

The project is just a sample one I made to test this issue, I just happened to title it that for my own reference, it has no actual relevance. Just make any code project set up for mobile and build in VS.

Ok, from GitHub, you need to build UE4Game manually before you can package. This can be done in Visual Studio by selecting UE4 as the project, Development as the Configuration, Android as the platform, and then select build.

-Pete

Well, I have followed this: Setting Up Unreal Engine Projects for Android Development | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation

That is obviously outdated, because it doesn’t mention the need to have the engine built for Android (logical in hindsight, but not obvious).

Also it would help to change the “Android SDK” to the Tegra SDK there - the normal Android SDK from does not work because of a lot of missing dependencies. That is what had me confused - I have normal Android SDK installed, but not the Nvidia stuff.

At least I presume that is where the ton of missing Android libraries VS is giving me now comes from - PhysX, ssl, curl, ogg, etc.

The documentation is written presuming that users will use the TADP SDK setup, as it is what is recommended for users of the engine. it is necessary for development on devices such as the NVidia Shield.

OK, that’s understandable.

However, you may still want to update it because there is no mention of the building the engine for Android and do not call TADP SDK (or rather NVIDIA AndroidWorks now - the TADP is apparently obsolete) “Android SDK”. That gives the false impression that having the regular SDK is enough and there is no need to register with Nvidia and get their SDK instead.

Hi Ciger,

I concur that the lack of documentation is confusing. To that end, I have put in a request for such. For reference, the issue number is: UEDOC-1777.

Also, for anyone who comes to this thread with the same problem, I found [this community constructed wiki with some explanation][1].

Thanks!

A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thank you!

Still the same problem in 4.8.3 (built from source):

" Missing receipt ‘UE4Game-Win64-Shipping.target.xml’. Check that this target has been built."

(Tried to package Blueprint-only project)

Hey ,

Could you please try what I suggested in your actual AnswerHub post and report to that thread and let me know how it works for you?

Thanks!