Sky goes white-gray when deployed to Android

So my sky box turns into a gray-white sheet when deployed to Samsung Galaxy S5 Android version 6.0:
In Unreal:

On the Android:

Material:

And before someone asks - no, building lighting did not fix the issue :slight_smile:
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oops! that was the wrong picture for the android!
This is the correct picture:

Hey 00shahaf,

I need a way to reproduce this issue in a new blank project in order to determine whether or not this is a bug. For starters it looks like you need to rebuild your scene before deploying to the device to make sure all your lights and shadows are being taken into account.

Secondly, Skylights are not supported on Mobile, so if you have one in your project, that could be what you are reporting. If you can provide me with steps to reproduce this in a new blank project using minimal content, that would be beneficial to getting a report entered.

Thanks,

Hi Andrew!
The scene has already been rebuilt several times before. Not sure I can recreate how to the sky was made, because sky making seemed a rather complex topic so instead of making one I took one from a learning project (Sun Temple) and simply replaced the texture. I should note that the original texture worked just fine on the mobile device. I don’t know whether it is technically a skybox, a skysphere, or whatnot yet. All I can say for sure is that it’s a massive sphere that encompasses the scene
Here is the material in the material editor:

What is the overall size and resolution of your texture?

You might want to try using a CustomUV channel for the UVs you are modifying as well.

Hi Andrew

It’s roughly 8000 x 2000 pixels, and I’ve just noticed I get an error for that in the log. Says Android cannot support this size. I have now reduced the size, but am unable to see if that solved the issue because I’m having unrelated packaging issues:

Marking as resolved for tracking purposes. Will re-open if more information is received occurs again.

Thanks,

H.