Android game crash after splashscreen

Hi guys!

So I’ve been re-deploying my game to my Android (Samsung Galaxy S5 Android version 6.0) for a month now, and all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, it starts to crash immediately after the Unreal splashscreen. I tested it on other devices, to check whether the issue was with my device or with Unreal, and it still crashed. The odd thing is, I changed nothing - didn’t add or change textures and\or materials, didn’t touch project settings, didn’t add any new meshes - nothing. And I repeat, because I can’t stress it enough - nothing has been changed between the android packaging when it worked and the android packaging that crashes on the splashscreen.
I did notice an error in the output log:

LogPackageName:Error: DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist FAILED: ‘None’ is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name. Reason: Path should start with a ‘/’
CookResults:Warning: Warning Unable to find package for cooking None
LogCook:Warning: Unable to find package for cooking None

However, It may have been there even when the game worked properly. Also, I’ve tried the solutions associated with this issues - giving the Transition Map, Server Default Map, Global Server Default Map, etc., an option that’s not None, and even tried deleting the Intermediate folder - to no avail.
link text

Hey 00shahaf,

According to the post found here, you need to set the ‘Global Default Server Game Mode’ to the same as your ‘Default GameMode.’ This should resolve this issue so we can address the other issue you are experiencing.

Let me know if you have other questions or need further assistance.

Thank you,

Hi Andrew. Unfortunately, this did not fix the issue. I have noticed that this particular problem doesn’t seem to have a clean and cut solution to it.

Can you packaged a completely new and blank project correctly?

In order to assist you, I need a way to reproduce this on my end. Be sure you have configured it for Android by going into that section and double-checking. Also be sure you have set it up for Mobile/Tablet and Scalable 2D/3D.

Thanks,

H.

This did not solve the issue

Issues are automatically marked as resolved if they go untouched for more than 4 days.

We are at a point now where I cannot reproduce your issue on my end, and you have not provided me with a way to get it to occur yet. My only suggestion would be to get the logs off your device and share those with me.

• Attach your phone to the computer
  • Go here: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools
  • Open up Monitor.bat
  • Launch the program and save the logs

If you cannot get Monitor.bat to open, please go to:

• C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows\tools\lib\monitor-x86
  • Open up Monitor.exe
  • Follow the instructions above

Make sure that you highlight all of the logs, because they do not save unless they’re highlighted.

Thanks,

H

I do manage to open the monitor.bat.From the moment it’s connected it logs a hundred to hundreds of lines of code per second. I couldn’t differentiate the code relevant to the game from the device’s regular operations, but I bet you could.link text

and I do apologize for the long gaps between replies. Lots of turmoil over here…

You will now need to look for keywords like, ‘error’ and ‘fail’ in order to find where the issue could be occurring. Until that time, this post will be marked as resolved as we have no way to reproducing this internally thus far.

If you do manage to identify the cause of the issue, you can simply re-comment under this answer and to reopen the post.

Thank you,

in Android Device Monitor you can create a filter to clarify the problem, on the left side of the screen there is a section called Saved filters, click on the green plus button and in the following window give the filter a name like UE4 and for the “by Log Tag” give “UE4|Debug” without quotation marks.

I am having this exact issue, all of a sudden I cannot push my game on android, it usually crashes right after splash screen. My log file is attached as well:

link text

Assertion failed: HasFoundDataDirectory [File:D:\Build++UE4+Release-4.16+Compile\Sync\Engine\Source\Runtime\Core\Private\Internationalization\ICUInternationalization.cpp] [Line: 128] 07-09 16:07:24.666: D/UE4(1109): ICU data directory was not discovered:

I would take a look at that directory to make sure it exists and is valid.

I’m having the same issue with my project as well, did you find a way to fix it?!! Please let me know I’ms struggling here for a long time.