Skeletal Mesh disappearing

Hey guys,

I’ve looked around for this error and seen people talk about fixing it but I’m still running into the issue.

I have a lift door that once it starts you can see it fine but when you look at it on a angle it disappears like the image. Can anyone tell me why it does this. Also in Phat I have the collision all over the mesh. Its a UCX one.
Thanks from Kyle

5 Likes

Just wondering if TJ meant to Edit the post or did he mean to post?

Hi Marsassassin,

Have you tried deleting and recreating the Physics Asset yet?

If that doesn’t work, create a test project without starter content that just has the assets for the door. If you can reproduce the error there, post a link for me to download the project so I can test it in-house.

I managed to fix this. Will post what I did.

I manage to fix this issue. This was done through the lift Blueprint. I clicked on the door skeletal mesh and then up scaled the bounds under Details>Render>Bounds Scale.

12 Likes

I was having the same issue, had even scaled my mesh’s Bound Scale to 100 and that didn’t do it for me. Since I have a skeletal mesh for hair that I attach to my character, I changed the Use Attach Parent property beneath Bounds Scale to true and that fixed it for me.

3 Likes

Checking that box fixed it for me, too – without changing the bounds scale.

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

Thanks for the post here! This resolved an issue I was having when spawning an object and attaching it to the player character via Blueprints. Once attached, and after the player had been mobile for a period of time, the object would eventually seem to disappear from its location on the player.

Viewing the location values for the object in the editor would show it ticking wildly in other directions like it was gradually drifting away.

After setting Use Attach Parent to True the object no longer seems to disappear or stray from its set location after being attached.

1 Like

It worked for me too, thanks a lot

thank’ It solved my problem too!

A million Thanks!!

OMG Thanks ffs…so easy…

Thank you so much for this! Also keep in mind that you can use the last option as well to make rendering improve for those meshes sons.

Life saving for me!

Thank bro!

GREAT! It works perfectly, thanks a lot!!!

Thank you very much !!!

This is much better solution than setting bounds scale if your mesh has small bounds. I had skeletal mesh that scaled up with animation, this option solved my problem.

Excellent, thank you so much, it did fix the object disappearing! My only concern now is that after increasing the bounds scale, I now get the following error:
Actor casts dynamic shadows and has a BoundsScale greater than 1! This will have a large performance hit

I can disable dynamic shadows and the error is gone, and so the shadows which is something I would not like to give away. Any ideas, has anyone gone through the same problem?

Scale bounds didn’t work for me. What worked was Component Use Fixed Skel Bounds to true, in details panel.