Side Scroller Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, QTE System & much more!

Update for 4.14 is now live.

Changelist:

Side Scroller Shooter Kit is now on Holiday sale! It has 35% discount!

Hello hamster !

(sorry for my bad english…)

First of all, I must tell you how great your kit is to this community, and just see you’re going to make on for TPS !

It’s a real time saver, this sidescroller kit has all the features I was looking for for my little metroidvania / Another World style project, soo, many thanks hamster, you’re great !

After looking at the features scene, a couple of question / ‘it is possible to do this’ came in my mind, my project eventually need them, I am an character animator, if you can give me little explaination… an how to… :

1- Is there a possibility to go left or right directly with A / D key without the need to aim in the other direction ? I have no need for the walkback animation…

2- Is it possible to have by default NO weapons ? I mean, my character in the begening have nothing, just the possibility to move / climb / etc, but no gun at this point.

3- Can I make auto-running my character to left or right (for some cinematic look during gameplay), with triggers (one make it run automatically, the other stop it and player have normal control)

4- Your ChangeCamera BP is fantastic ! It was a major features for me, I want to have a feeling like the game Inside, so your triggers are great for that ! Just, it is possible to have LONGER transition between camera position ? Even when I put the value at 0.08 (the minimum), it’s cool but would need more long transition.

5- Can I desactivate the 3D Aiming, and activate it later (after obtaining the first weapon for example)

6- Can I have (when a weapon is eqquiped in my case) the aiming reticle always visible and free movable via mouse ?

7- Last (for today !), is it possible to bind left mouse click to have a melee attack instead of firing with weapon ? In my case, with no gun equiped (if that can work…) my character would do melee attack in front of him, so with no aiming reticle visible, and when choosing a distance weapon, aiming reticle appears and aiming with the mouse as it is by default…

Im so sorry, I know that’s some particular questions, and I’ll try to find response by myself, but I think, with my lake of knowledge in advanced blueprint, it will be epic… !

Hope you will see this message ! Thanks for your time !

Thanks for kind review. I’m glad you like my kit.

1 Yes - look for event “update normal aiming” - this controls if player is turned left or right. There are custom events like rotate player left and right.
You can bind A and D keys into these custom events.

2 I think you can hide it, but character would stay in aiming position. Look into weapon change graph. You can just hide weapon meshes.
As of animations, add new bool variable in anim graph called for example HasWeapon, open locomotion state machine and in states idle/run/crouch/ add node blend pose by bool.
Connect variable HasWeapon and for true connect your no weapon animation and for false, connect what was initialy.

3 Yes, you can use nodes “Add movement input” for that.

4 If you open this BP you can change interpolation speed variable range in properties. Look into section “Interpolating to target camera transform” in that BP.

5 Yes, just in depth aiming graph, right after input node, add brach and connect new cretead bool “DepthAimingAvailible” which will block rest of logic.
Change “DepthAimingAvailible” whenever you need.

6 I’m not sure what do you mean. You want to have crosshair always visible? If yes, it does work different - crosshair is in 3D and is visible at any collision point.
You can enable Debig - Draw Aiming Trace to see where you gun points.

7 Yes. Go to edit/project settings/input - you can bind your keys as you like.

Thank you hamster for the quick response !

I haven’t past a long time analysis your blueprint.

I’ve check quickly the ‘update normal aiming’ event, but for now don’t have any idea to where to put my A/D input key in the existing event ^^ Need more time I think :confused:

I think I’ll have a hard time trying to have a no weapon with standard animation, but I have the time to make mistake and learn, and to ask you some advices ^^

Here’s tutorial how to add a new level to project:

Thanks to Steve Sierra!

@
just curious… are you still working on a 3D version and do you have an ETA :slight_smile:

I will send files today, so it should be released in ~4 weeks I think.

WOW That is sooner that I thought :slight_smile: thanks!

Good news - it will be released on February 8th :slight_smile:

[video]www.passion3d.com/Untitled.zip[/video]

Watch the video on the problem of the BP_camera change
With version 4.14.3 with version 4.15 all works correctly and also everything else demos and level.

Well I’m guessing your problem is that camera helper is in relative 0,0,0 location when you place BP on the level, right?
It works as intented because default camera location is set to relative 0,0,0. You need to set target camera location to desired values, then camera helper will change location.

My First Test .

Looks cool! Good job :slight_smile:

Hello

I have just finished a second test on the kit SideScrollerShooter, I have appended the exe file now I will concentrate on the ThirsdPersonnShooter Kit.
I have a question for Hamster, how does your link between the SideScrollerCaracter and the patrol node for AI? I have copied since the examples provided?

In AI character, there is variable “Initial Patrol Pathnode” Click on the picker and select your pathnode or pick from the list.

Hi, how can i change the character to mixamo characters? Rig problem :confused: It would be great if you prepared a tutorial for it.

These tutorials should help you
watch?v=bitBh8E923whttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vJNiRPGAqk

Hi!Any news about update for 4.15? :smiley:

I’ve send update for 4.15 today so it should be live on marketplace in few days.

Changelog for 4.15:

• Animation blueprints - little logic rework to fix warning with thread-unsafe call
  • Removed set animation function from couple blueprints to fix warning with unsafe call