Side Scroller Shooter Kit - Cover system, Human AI, QTE System & much more!

I’m trying to use this werewolf from the marketplace. Animated Werewolf in Characters - UE Marketplace

What logs are saying? Where you able to narrow down the problem?

Side Scroller Shotter Kit now have a 50% discount during summer sale!

Side-Scroller-Shooter-Kit--ikona-do-sale.jpg

'Hi there, i need your help… i bought this kit, but i just want to use the ledge climb blueprint on my own project, could you help me please?

Dammit, I only just saw the post saying it was on sale! I’ve been waiting to buy it for months but cant afford it as I’m unemployed :frowning:

Got to wait for the next sale I guess, please do post on here when it’s on sale again as I will buy it straight away!

Hi there, I just purchased this pack and i want to integrate it to the synty studio pack. I am aware that synty studio is not using the default manequin but everything went well with targeting to humanoid except for the guns. How do i fix this?I tried to fix it by moving the sockets but they dont seem to reflect on the character.

Trying to integrate this with the synty studio packs but i’m having some problems with the guns. I tried to fix it by moving the sockets but it doesnt reflect on the character. I am aware that synty studio is not using the default ue4 mannequin but they do work by re-targeting so i think this could be fixed as i already tested it on other packs.

I think I’ve already responded via PM:

I don’t know Synty studio skeleton. Did you check this tutorial? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9aLbZLdeA
Weapons are probably missing because they are attached to proper socket (AssaultRifleSocket, PistolSocket etc.) and Synty studio skeleton don’t have it. Look how manequinn skeleton is done and try to copy his setup.

Side Scroller Shooter Kit is now compatible with version 4.20 of Unreal Engine.

@
Is there any way to make “better” and with better aiming I mean much easier aiming?
Because for my demo the most important feedback I’m getting is that players keep saying “Aiming is too difficult especially with the gamepad”

Well it depends what is difficult exacly. Maybe it’s about weapon recoil? You can decrease it to 0 also hit reaction scale. Aslo as I wrote in documentation about options: Gamepad aiming control type can be set (in both aiming modes) to procedurally aiming (like in fps game) or “move back to center” like in Shadow Complex game. Look for variables “Hit back in depth aiming?” and “Hit back in normal aiming?” in character blueprint.

Also “You can set weapons properties like damage or recoil scale in data table named “DT_Weapons_Player” for player and “DT_Weapons_AI” for AI”

Link to documentation: Side Scroller Shooter Kit - documentation - Google Docs

Thanks, I’ll check them.
One more question : I want to change the default pose of silenced pistol, where are they located? I want to apply a different anim sequence AND pose, because if I change the default anim seq from Anim Blueprint, the player still aims forward, I want to set a new pose for it as well…Possible?

@
Any ideas?

Hi Baris
Sorry for late response. You can change pose using IK nodes in anim graph.
I made a short video how to do it:

watch?v=lNaaZ5eXX6k

Side Scroller Shooter Kit is now compatible with version 4.21 of Unreal Engine.

Hi there;

1. I’ve run into a serious issue with physical object interaction. Main character blueprint’s CharacterMovement.Physics Interaction section doesn’t have any affect on the player character blueprint.

The reason I wan to modify is that because at the moment, the main character has extreme push force for physcial objects. In a regular third person template, when I change the Push Force Factor, it does have effect on the main player character but not here. Any ideas?

Currently, the main character can push objects very very easily, changing the Massinkg doesn’t have any effect nor apply physical material didn’t help. I simply want to character NOT be able to push a heavy container this much easily…How can I do that? Normally, lowering the Push Force Factor helps it but not here…

1. While you’re at it, can you also tell me how to adjust the walking speed of the main character…Character Movement didn’t help, I can adjust spirnt and jump speed but not walking speed. The Moving Left Speed/Right speed variables didn’t help either…

@

Side Scroller Shooter is now 50% off on Unreal Marketplace!

Side Scroller Shooter Kit store site: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…er-shooter-kit

Third Person Shooter Kit store site: https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp…on-shooter-kit

1 I dont know why it would not work, but maybe try other values? Like “Touch force factor”.

2 Try “Max walk speed” in character movement component.

Thanks but none has any effect at all. I disable the whole Physics Interaction under character movement, the character can still push around objects. Max speed has no value either to effect walking speed.

Perhaps the main character gets its “character movement” properties from somewhere else?

If I disable or adjust values of Physics Interaction under character movement for the default Third Person Template, it works but not for this character.
It makes it impossible to use physics objects at the moment along with this template’s default character, it’s really strange?
Any other ideas? Can it be because of the physics asset of the main character?

Well I dont know why it happens. I didn’t change anything specific from start and also I didn’t work with physics much. I’ve just created unreal side scroller template and character is also pushes physics object very strong. I can’t record a video right now. Can you also check on new unreal side scroller template?

Side Scroller Shooter Kit is still 50% off for couple days!

New combo trailer:

watch?v=RTjp3Gpk96o