Serious stuttering while building during gameplay

I just finished my first map using UEFN. At some point not too long ago it started stuttering really bad while playing on the map, but only while building. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this? Here is a quick video showing the problem.

@HumanityKILLS Thank you for your report! We would like to look into this further, would you be able to submit a bug report using the form available here: Fortnite Creative

1 Like

So I submitted my report and after some time this was the lack luster response I got. Had they looked at my profile, or the map, this would not have been the response. Kind of disappointed.

" Hello Anthony,

We appreciate you reaching out. If you are experiencing performance issues, you may want to make sure your hard wear is on the latest driver updates, and all other computer updates are completed. If you continue to see issues, you may want to lower the performance level of the game.

Thank you,

-The Creator Support Team

ref:_00D1aL44R._5004z1otE2Q:ref"

Anyways, I think I figured out what is causing it. I have 4 wildlife spawners. 2 of them spawn Raptors, and the other 2 chickens. When I remove them, the map works perfectly. Can someone look into this? Would love to have wildlife on my map. Perhaps it’s a bug that needs to be addressed?

I had something similar and it was the router model being faulty. Run ookla and see what is your upload ping (not your idle ping mind you, there are 3). You should be no higher than 140. Interesting observation about the wildlife, this usually happens when autosaving I assume? It might be a leftover bug from creative btw, it happens there when the project gets big.

Also enable net debug stats from fn options to see your ping, you ll see it rise when it happens.

(I fixed mine by changing router, but lets not go that far yet)

I sent two requests towards support and both times their answers clearly showed that they did not even bother reading my few sentances. They saw the title and proceeded with generic answer.

I doubt it’s a router, I usually have 0-20 ping. I will try the debug option, thanks.

Sure thing. Lmk how that goes, I ve seen all sorts of weird cases on it due to my location, so I might be able to share some insight on things. Even if you have low ping, it can still happen. Check these too (especially the purple one):

So just to make it clear, I have no issues playing Fortnite, or playing my map after I deleted the wildlife spawners. Here is my Ookla test.

Actually this was a better server for testing.

But yes, your original video shows network issues.

Might as well be server-side.

Does it happen always or occasionally? If occasionally, then when it start run the network test immediately to eliminate network issues on your side.

If you’ve already done that or the lag is persistent then it’s probably server-side.

I see. And when the stuttering happens, do you see a peak on that net debug graph? Anything that would indicate a bandwidth issue? Sometimes even if the connection is fast, the amount of data that can pass may be small, causing bottlenecks.

Again, I have been playing Fortnite for 5 years or so? I never have network issues. This only happened when I added wildlife spawners to my map. As soon as I took them out, it was stutter free. Troubleshooting my network is pointless, although I do appreciate the help.

I had thought that it was a local thing and it would go away once I published the map, but that didn’t change anything.

Bugs are never what we think they will be, there are usually a pain to find 100%, with a repro, so you have to think out of the box.

Tell you this, do you get the lag on an empty UEFN project, just by placing the wildlife spawners? If so, then its indeed them. If not, its something else.

Good idea. I did feel as though it is a problem with wildlife spawners and my map specifically. I tried it on an empty grid and there was no problem building with 20 raptors and 20 chickens using 2 wildlife spawners. was rather funny watching all those raptors chase the chickens.
***update, I up’d the wildlife to 80 predators and the game felt a little laggy, but was still able to build without serious stuttering, or warping. The max wildlife you can have on any map is 90.

1 Like

Alright, now maybe try placing a couple of expensive memory prefabs down and see if you get it. Also replicate the position where you were in your other map in terms of how far you were from the center of the map. This should help you pinpoint the issue more clearly.