's stuff

congrats on the gamespot article, its probably nearly the best advertisment for ue4 you can get, after all the hype of how real Star Wars Battlefront looks then there’s

You should put that Substance on GumRoad or something :wink:

Would sell like crazy I guess. At least I would buy it :smiley:

Looks amazing. I take it most of is unrealistic to be live rendered (in a game) at point on current hardware. How far do you think you could push it when designing a level for a (small) game?

, these graphics look treat, you’re the god of UE4 :slight_smile:
But there’s a question: why do you do all stuff? Planning to create a game/demo or…?

Unless I’m missing something, the only unusual part of demo tech-wise is the heavy use of tessellation, and as you can see if you go back a page, with a bit of optimisation he got it running at over 100 fps on his 970. He just designed a really good material in Substance Designer, set up his fog, exposure, and lighting right, and does some post-processing to make everything “pop”. The post-processing should not be underestimated. Colour grading is what makes a film look “cinematic” compared to amateur footage, much more so than the frame rate.

I’m guessing the reason full games don’t look good is mostly a matter of time and skill.

Words are hard to find in order to describe your work man.

I would not have known about your work if It wasn’t for the 9gag’s post (https://www.facebook/9gag/posts/10153715214681840) yesterday, then i tried to track you down from youtube videos and articles written by every game magazines (everyeye, gamespot etc)… your work is amazing… i just started to learn the basics, but you inspired me to do more :smiley:

Amazing work.

Does Unreal Engine 4.8 has ability to compile a scene into an exe so it could be downloadable to play around it?

If not, maybe will come in Unreal Engine 5 (FIVE)?

Hey ! ^^

Speaking of tessellation, got you a real nice reference. What do you think about creating scene (or similar) in engine?
If you have time, could you give it a go? :stuck_out_tongue:

Are you new to game engines dear ? Obviously it has.

@ , I’m just wondering have you tried the POM shader from instead of the standard tessellation in UE4 ?
I think you should get more FPS since POM is not so performance hungry than tessellation…

I suggest you follow 's youtube channel, he posted an ingame vid a few days ago

Amazing work as usual , keep up the great work!

Hey guyz !

*DimikYoo

But there's a question: why do you do all  stuff? Planning to create a game/demo or..?

Why I’m doing ? The reason is … because I love doing :).
I do these scenes as a hobby and to learn the use of different techiques/softwares. You can see as “artworks with a real time engine”.

is very very different than a complete archviz project or a real game environement, they both have a lots of constraints that I absolutly not take into account. The only one that I set to myself is that the scene must run at 1080p30 on my rig most of the time.

I keep my scenes really simple, like that I can focus on what I really like to do (the “rendering” part).

*DErss

Does Unreal Engine 4.8 has ability to compile a scene into an exe so it could be downloadable to play around it?*

Of course you can do .
So why I don’t do it ? Because all my scenes are “test scene”, they are reaaaaallly messy, with a lot of useless stuffs, and they are always changing. For exemple, the beach scene has become the volcano scene and now the volcano scene is a grass field :). I always do a lot of iterations on the same scene.

*Adik

@ , I'm just wondering have you tried the POM shader from  instead of the standard tessellation in UE4 ?

Nope, But it looks really cool. I wonder if the performances are good.

Lostra

Speaking of tessellation, got you a real nice reference. What do you think about creating  scene (or similar) in engine? 
 If you have time, could you give it a go? :P*

I already tried something like that … was a fail :slight_smile:

What was exactly the failing point in the setup? The snow or the crystals itself? Also wich aspect of them? :slight_smile:

I am hinting on matter if it is possible to have some of 's demos as “exe” so people could download it and run on their PCs with AMD/Nvidia cards.

EDIT:

Ah, I see; if it is too messy then maybe there is no sense in doing it.

Do you expect maybe Unreal Engine 4.9 or later versions to have new technologies/methods that would make sunshine snowy ice thing work? What is lacking still? Obviously, RenderMan-like ray-tracing would do the trick, but there have to be lighter approximation methods to deal with such scenery, and Unreal Engine in general is mostly good at that, so we can expect something coming in regard.

Noooooooooooooo, you are butchering your perfect scenes! They should be saved and exported to 3d archeologists for further examination.

POM is usually by far cheaper than tessellation, give it a try… Would be interesting to know how much FPS you can save on your scene.

• do you do any contract work? I know a few companies that are very interested in type of work. PM or email me if interested.

Amazing! Really looking forward to see the next scene.

Amazing work here!