Hello Unreal community!
The RTS Toolkit is a complete RTS experience waiting for your customization! Inside are the tools to create the next great RTS! However this is not just an RTS template but also a great learning tool to help guide you through creating and using blueprints, interfaces, behavior trees, UI, and much more!
Included in this toolkit are the following features:
- Basic RTS camera and controls
- Traditional RTS unit selection
- Marquee (click and drag) selection
- 2 custom AI types with entirely separate functionality
- 2 custom Structure types with entirely separate functionality
- Gatherable resources
- Resource spawning volumes with completely customizable parameters
- AI commands including movement, gathering, and attacking driven by behavior trees
- Sample AnimationBlueprint for use with default units
- A robust collection of UI/HUD components for every selected unit
- A complete currency system for both income and expenses
- Traditional RTS Minimap system that relays cursor position to world position
- Traditional RTS “Fog of War” system
- A customizable game mode
- Friendly/Hostile faction states built to allow for multiplayer functionality
- Simple Bot AI built into Level Blueprints
- Each function and variable is both color coded and clearly commented to help you learn how the RTS Toolkit works and can be used for your project!
- A complete demo level to showcase every feature of this package
It was released a little over 48 hours ago and is up to 30 votes! Here is the Trello link if you think this is Marketplace-worthy: https://trello.com/c/dnFmzEx7/296-rts-toolkit
Here is my original WIP thread started back in November: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?52246-RTS-Blueprints-Template
This video demonstrates a few of the many features included in the RTS Toolkit:
Thank you so much for your time! Comments, questions, and criticisms all welcome!