RTS Toolkit

Tywin: Thanks for your support!

StereoVision & Tywin: Not sure at this point, hopefully soon. I last heard from the Marketplace staff on March 18th. I can imagine it takes a while to quality check everything that comes through, especially a large project such as the RTS Toolkit. I reached out to them earlier today so hopefully I can get word soon!

DanielBennifer: Very encouraging to hear! Thank you!

This asset looks awesome, exactly what I’ve been looking for! Any idea on a release date? This is a day one purchase for me :slight_smile:

For anyone who was/is interested in the RTS Toolkit, it is now on the marketplace!

Purchased beautiful blueprint documentation.

This kit is simply amazing. Clean, color coded and extremely well commented. Our team has been able to effect changes/make alterations almost immediately. And it needs to be said. For something this expansive and well made, less scrupulous individuals would easily be tempted to charge $100 or more. But nope, just $23.99 an you get this huge amazing thing! One of the most impressively valued products on the marketplace by miles.

Amievil - Thank you! I PM’d you about the further documentation. I am working on that and trying to figure out the proper means by which to distribute it.

• Thanks man! I’m glad it’s being of use! It’s only $20, though! Can’t wait to see what your team has so far!

I hope some awesome stuff is made with this at the center!
That being said, there is a misconception I’ve already encountered by an unhappy buyer. He tried to take out single blueprints and import them individually into his own projects. Unfortunately, this Toolkit is meant to be a template/foundation. The original title of the project was “RTS Template” after all. It is meant to be built onto, not stripped apart. To be blunt, it will not work if you do that. The ideas/methods/solutions are versatile. They can be used in any project you would like. However, exporting a single blueprint from this Toolkit will not really do much for you.

I like 's wording better than my own. Thanks for the awesome tool. I really don’t understand why anyone would have an issue with this toolkit. In the color coded documentation it tells you plainly what can and can not be messed with. I already rated you 5 stars on the marketplace. I wish you much success!

Thank you! I’m glad to hear it and I hope dissatisfaction is isolated and rare for this Toolkit. I suppose if you only wanted the unit blueprint and didn’t understand the Toolkit, one might just export that blueprint alone from the Toolkit to another project in hopes that it’d work. But again, that will not work. Everything works together.
And thank you for the rating on the marketplace!

Personally I thought this was obvious but this is the internet were dealing with… Still, how someone could think they can just rip bits of this an expect them to work without even understanding how the kit itself works is a bit…

Right? I mean it doesn’t get any more obvious then that! But again this is the internet so these odd exceptions should be expected to some degree.

Enjoy another 5/5 :slight_smile:

If anyone has some ideas on how to implement multiplayer, I would love to hear it. Right now that’s the only reason I’m not buying, not to say this isn’t awesome though as is.

• Thanks man! I suppose the documentation should clearly state something about that just in case. Which, by the way, I’m starting now. I want to have it done within the next 4-5 hours.

Crumbaker - I would love to implement some multiplayer! That would be so great! I don’t know much about networking, though.

It’s 23.06 euros for me.

@Thokash
Been watching this for a while now, just bought it then.
Great job!

Maybe just create a github project?
This would solve all these problems.

1. Provide a means for distribution of new documentation
  2. People who wanted to make multiplayer code could fork project
  3. Setup something similar to how Epic had UE4 on github, only people who had purchased from the store have access to the github repo.

Thanks.

Epic Marketplace + Github - Easy workflow for user-created plugins

Got it now. Thanks mate. Stellar work :smiley:

SinineSiil - I forgot about currency conversions. Epic does all of that for me!

Laernut - Thank you! Good suggestions, too! I will actually update the file directory for the project and the documentation will be in the root directory. I’m almost finished but it’s around 25 pages so far. I’m hoping to have it on the Marketplace before Thursday.

TAN_ - Thanks man! Glad you like it!

If you are using the RTS Toolkit and have any concerns/found any bugs please be sure to email me and let me know! Also, don’t forget to rate the Toolkit (good or bad, the feedback is welcome!) https://www.unrealengine.com/content/9586f0a858f549fcb10e70660374d235

Edit: A link will be provided in the description of the Toolkit on the marketplace.

The documentation is now up! It can be downloaded for free at the below link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/895gu2offexqa9h/AAD2lOdURBcqbKzz_lDTFtMpa?dl=0

I bought it a few days ago and I noticed that Units get rather easy stuck and quit moving or sometimes even keep moving (instead of stoping where they should). Besids that, great work!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I currently have it set to use the default navigation in UE4. Even though I think the nav system in UE4 could use a lot of work, it’s difficult coding a new nav system from scratch. This is one of the things I’m currently working on, though!