RPG Sample Game

looks amazing can’t wait to see more, especially some combat examples.

• Combat system - Combat system is based on similiar mechanics as you can find in Dark Souls 2

have you got any more info on this,

• what do the animation look like?
  • how dose the over combat system work and look, how dose it react to the AI.
  • how essay will it be to take parts out of your content and use it for something ells, or add thing in as I want ( if you take the shooter example that is very essay to transfer thing around)
  • I’m guessing it is using the same Rig and the blue man
  • the AI. What is it.

also your art work dose look good,

[=Mrdazza_460;207190]
what do the animation look like?
[/]

The next video coming up will show some of the combat animations.

[]
how dose the over combat system work and look, how dose it react to the AI.
[/]

Again, will be shown in the video. But I can explain it you as well. If not in combat you have free roaming camera. Much like the one in the 3rd Person Template. However, if you encounter an enemy you can lock onto him. The movement and camera handling change (you always face/focus the enemy) and you can now strafe around him.

[]
how essay will it be to take parts out of your content and use it for something ells, or add thing in as I want ( if you take the shooter example that is very essay to transfer thing around)
[/]

We are using a highly modular approach. So every piece of content is espacially build to be used as a seperate part.

[]
I’m guessing it is using the same Rig and the blue man
[/]

Yes.

[]
the AI. What is it.
[/]

At the moment it is a very basic AI. It uses Navmesh for navigation. As soon as the enemy sees the player he attacks. If the player runs away the enemy will eventually give up and return to his original position.

I hope this anwsers your questions so far. If there are more, don’t hesitate to ask!

it dose thanks, cant wait to see the video

Any news on the system and the vids ?

Any ETA on the Feature demo?

( deleted by author )

so any updates?

looks great! Would also love to hear more about this as well.

Hello,

sorry for the slow the updates! At the moment I am super busy with other stuff. But I hope to fnish the video showcasing all the features of the Kit this week.

Sadly I couldn’t finish the video this week. However, I did capture some screenshots though to show some progress of the kit:

Combat:

&stc=1&d=1423426906

The first one shows the combat with an enemy. The skeleton asset is included in the kit. It is rigged to the standard Epic rig so it’s pretty easy to use your own animations with it. The sword trail is quite subtle in this picture but it can be made more apparent quite easily.

The combat system features a lock-on system like in Dark Souls 2. The current target is marked. Attacks are targeted in the direction of the current target, even it it moves.

Inventory

&stc=1&d=1423426910

This picture shows the inventory of the player. There are different kind of items: Items that can be used (e.g. health potion) and items that can be equipped by the player (e.g. swords, helmets). The player features different slots for equipment. In the screenshot the player has equipped a helmet. Drag & Drop is used to equip the items.

Enemy AI

&stc=1&d=1423426918

The last screenshot shows the Enemy AI. It has some values you can easily set like health/mana and some easy ways to tweak the behaviour. Patrol points can be setup by just setting the points in the world. The AI uses behaviour trees and uses a set of different task/decorators so that you can easily setup your own AI behaviour.

If there are any questions, feel free to ask :wink:

Is the experience system not ready?

[=Wanderer_eternal;218456]
Is the experience system not ready?
[/]

Basis level up’s are in. But I still need to do the enemy side of things so that they actually give you XP to be level up. That’s why there’s no display of level/xp in the character screen.

I’m waiting eagerly for that. Do you have any rough estimated date? great work by the way

Good work ! Keep building it

This is coming along very nicely, by the looks of it! Looking forward to seeing the finished product on the marketplace. Keep it up!

Any news ?

NICE!!! Looks good. I would worry about mood. To me looks abit to cartoonish…unless this is the style u were going for.

Not to be rude or sound rude but what is the purpose of this?

thats why i said i am not to sound rude lol i just am very new to all this, can you make your own commercial game with this? its very nice and etc . as i said i am just trying to understand what these are for

[=Uprentiss;223678]
Not to be rude or sound rude but what is the purpose of this?

thats why i said i am not to sound rude lol i just am very new to all this, can you make your own commercial game with this? its very nice and etc . as i said i am just trying to understand what these are for
[/]

That is the exact purpose of this, a general framework for creating your own RPG, with ready to go assets for your game.