[ROYALTY] Factorio like game sci-fi Hyades star cluster

I’m trying to make a series of games one at a time that would interact with each other building a whole Interstellar Space Universe. First basic game would be a cross between Transport Tycoon and Factorio. This game would be a resource mining and selling. Next game would be a space station manager that ties into the first. Third would be a inner solar system transport game. Eventually having a space combat game all interconnecting. Having basic mod ability throughout all the games. need UE BP programmer, texture artist, social media/marketing, sound designer/musician, 3d Modeler, story writer. All are welcome. This would be good for any student or veteran. I’m hopping to make a team that will work together with building there portfolio and getting a % of the profit from sales and any Kickstarter. I have been building computers since 1988, and making games since 1996.
We have Gethub,discord, hacknplan setup already

1. I have some of the UE5.1 BP done. (day/night, weather, start of vehicle AI, Camera/mouse move and click)
    3 team members so far.

Hello @DevanMedrow!
Is this still relevant?

I’m currently learning to work with UE5 Niagara VFX system and would love to get some practical experience on a real project.

yes
sorry for the delay in response.

Hi @DevanMedrow
Your idea sounds interesting (especially the “building a bigger game from smaller games” part), and if you still have positions open I certainly would like to be part of it if I can.

I have a few years of experience in UE and have released a couple of smaller games by myself (from visual novels to shoot 'em ups). My current specialities would be Programming (BP), Story writing, 3d Modelling, Rigging, Animating (all with blender), 2d Art, UI/UX design and implementation, and Game design.
Of course, I’m also eager to learn any new skills when needed to put under my belt, while further developing the ones I already have.

it would be great to have you on the team

Hi @DevanMedrow

We’re doing something similar, building several different Multiplayer games (ExORION, VAPOR, SPAGHETTI, others) sharing a Single Central Repository/Resource Base.

These are completely different genres sharing subsystems and media, that could allow Player’s to share and use their Customizations/Creations between games.

You may find yourself working on the different games at different times if sharing the same resources. This has been great for us, as progress in one game, is progress in another.

1 Like

My setup would be not all games are multiplayer. There would be 2 RPG’s, 1 would be the colony ships on the way out to the Hyades star cluster. with this one you play through and get a leveled up and developed character for the game universe. If you do not have this game you start with a level 1 basic character. the 2nd RPG would be the main colony but if you get the Factorio like mining game it would be like having a DLC for your RPG, your mining base built out the way you built your base in the mining game, all your mining game NPC are the same name in your RPG. Now if you miss treat your NPC workers they may quit. You will loss they in all your connected games. If you have space station game, aging DLC for RPG. this time it would be the space stations you build. all of the games (after first RPG) would share 1 save file. you can do quest’s in the RPG or the game they are made for. if you do not have the 2nd RPG you only git a small portion of quests. Like in most RPG’s you build or loss favor with this faction or that one. while you play the mining game time would move on in the other games as well, if you went with the option for multiplayer. if you setup a dedicated server like Minecraft the game would move forward at a reduced pace and the server would run a lot of the NPC things like you mines producing metals and selling them on the open market or filling your stockpiles. your space station would take a real week or so to build a compartment. you would want to log in every day or so to keep from missing something importin.

Sorry, just saw your message, I’m still interested. Can you please contact me?
Discord: chelbsik
E-mail: chelbsik@gmail.com

sent a friend request
on discord

I know there hasn’t been much word about progress thus far, but all of us have been busy and this is what we have so far in terms of a prototype:

We’re using a gridbuilder asset from the marketplace as our basis but have had to customize it quite a bit so far just to get the roads working the way we wanted. We’ve also build a GPS component to find the best route from one building to the next, which we intend to gift to our AI drivers once we get them sober enough to drive.
Not only that, but we’ve made all the functionality support controller input which has its own cursor and you can switch between the keyboard+mouse and controller on the fly without having to dip in to the settings.
We also have a bunch of visual effects just waiting for 3d models to get in the game.

One of the reasons why updating has taken so long is because we’ve been working on mod support and that hasn’t been quite as simple as we’d been hoping, in fact we’re still working to get it working on the scale we are planning. But the team will try to make updates more often from now on.

Embark on a Galactic Adventure: Join our Royalties-Based Startup!

Are you a visionary blueprint coder, concept artist, dialog writer, 3D modeler, UV artist, or a music creator with a passion for crafting immersive worlds? We’re trying to build the next big thing in gaming – a sci-fi mining game set in the vast reaches of the Hyades star cluster, inspired by the likes of Factorio and Transport Tycoon. Unlike Factorio, you are not alone in this world. You will have AI drivers, workers and other factions to interact with. If all goes well this will be the first of many games all linked by common save game file. What you do in one game affects what is available in another.

Why Choose Our Interstellar Expedition?

• Royalties-Based Compensation: We believe in the value of your creative contributions. Join us on this journey, and your success will be rewarded with a share of the game’s success!
  • Limitless Creativity: Unleash your imagination in a universe of possibilities. Create the blueprint of a thriving extraterrestrial mining operation, design futuristic landscapes, or compose a soundtrack that resonates across the cosmos.
  • Recognition: Be an integral part of our close-knit team where every member’s contributions are recognized and celebrated. You’re not just an employee; you’re a co-creator of the universe we’re building.
  • Sci-Fi Mining Odyssey: Immerse yourself in a rich, sci-fi narrative where players venture into unexplored territories, mine exotic resources, and build intricate supply chains. Your creations will shape the destiny of a vibrant, player-driven universe.
  • Flexible Collaboration: Work remotely from the comfort of your own home or spaceship – the choice is yours. We value your unique skills, and we’re committed to fostering an environment that allows you to thrive.

We have people that are handling: Blueprint coder, VFX, back story, game design, Social media, and are able to with less skill handle: writing, 3D modeling, AI music. We have almost finished phase one of the game’s backbone. Including building placement, road placement, mod loading stage one, base UI. We need help to complete the game in a professional AA game style.

Positions Awaiting Your Expertise:

• 2nd Blueprint Coder:

• Design and implement the backbone of our game, creating intricate systems that allow players to build and manage their mining empires.

• Concept Artist:

• Envision and bring to life the futuristic landscapes, structures, and characters that will captivate players and fuel their exploration.

• Dialog Writer:

• Craft compelling narratives and dialogues that immerse players in the gripping story of a space-faring civilization.

• 3D Modeler:

• Shape the game’s universe by creating detailed models of dropships, vehicles, structures, and mining equipment that players will interact with.

• 2D Artist:

• Craft textures, icons and UI elements to bring our sci-fi world truly alive.

• Music Creator:

• Compose a dynamic and immersive soundtrack that enhances the atmosphere and excitement of our interstellar adventure.

Ready to Launch?

If you’re ready to be a pioneer in the gaming universe, drop a post expressing your passion for the project here. Let’s embark on this epic journey together, and let the royalties roll in as our game conquers the galaxies!