Respawning Agents with Verse Shows them as Eliminated in the Team Info UI

Reference ID

2a460585-40e5-0117-4c49-cdb744987e1d

Please select what you are reporting on:

Verse

What Type of Bug are you experiencing?

Verse

Summary

Respawning agents via verse causes a visual bug showing them as eliminated in the User Interface and also causes Down But Not Out issues

Steps to Reproduce

1. Create an island with Teams and assign atleast 2 players in the same team
  2. Create a Verse Device that can respawn players.
  3. Fully Wipe a team having them go to Spectating Mode
  4. Respawn them using verse’s (InAgent:agent).Respawn(RespawnPosition:vector3, RespawnRotation:rotation):void function
  5. After they are respawned it can be seen in the top left that the UI has their name underlined in red and is shown a red X indicating that they are eliminated.
  6. Optional: Shoot the Agent and observe they will also get Eliminated instead of going to a Knocked/Down But Not Out State

Expected Result

Players who were respawned using verse Agent.Respawn() should show up as alive in the UI and also correctly go into Down But Not Out if there’s 1 or more people who are alive and not Down But Not Out

Observed Result

Players who were respawned using verse Agent.Respawn() show up with UI elements that is used to mark players who are Eliminated and will be Eliminated without going through the Down But Not Out state if there’s 1 or more people who are alive and not Down But Not Out

Platform(s)

windows

Island Code

6575-6574-6913

Additional Notes

Video showing the bug: https://youtu.be/H_SgtQEm6lU

Also experiencing this -

Notes:

• Player alive state not showing correctly on UI (Shows Red X after .Respawn(...) called).
  • Respawned Teamates no longer marked to other Teamates. (Name, Minimap etc.)
  • Visual Audio shows up to Teamates as if the respawned player is an enemy.
  • Respawned player can no longer be spectated by any other player. If a player is eliminated and all other players have been Respawned, the eliminated player will indefinitely spectate the location where they were eliminated.
1 Like

Oh my this comment was actually so useful for me Can’t believe I didn’t put 2 and 2 together with the spectating not showing respawned people thanks for the reply :heart:

1 Like

The status of FORT-751551 incident has been moved from ‘Needs Triage’ to ‘To Do’.

2 Likes

Sure thing! Glad that was helpful! I’ve been calling these respawned players: “Zombie Players”. :woman_zombie:

1 Like