Reset level without reloading it?

Hi. I was wondering if there is an easy way to reset a level without reloading it. I know there is the AGameModeBase::ResetLevel method, but it seems I would then have to implement Reset() on all actors and track their initial states. I would like to avoid that at all costs. I also know I can do something like APlayerController::RestartLevel or this:

UGameplayStatics::OpenLevel(GetWorld(), FName(UGameplayStatics::GetCurrentLevelName(GetWorld())));

However, the problem with that method is in the packaged game, the textures seem to get unloaded when reloading the level and take a second to reload (for a second they are blurry). So, what I’m really asking is: “Is there a way to get the loaded assets to remain in memory when I reload the level”

I use Linux, and I can use C++ or Blueprints, whichever you like.

As far as I know, your only options are

1. Use ResetLevel

2. Record the changes in status of all actors during gameplay in the game instance, and re-load from that.

After digging around in the source code for a while, I found a solution.

Here’s what I found:

• The textures are being unloaded because they are being deleted by the garbage collector
  • The garbage collector is deleting the textures from memory because they are temporarily unreferenced.

So my solution is this (C++):

• Put an array of UObjects in my Game Instance.
  • Before reloading the level, find all texture objects in memory and add their pointers to the array in the Game Instance.
  • After the map has been reloaded remove the references from the array.

**Keeping a reference to the textures in the GameInstance keeps them from being unloaded, so they do not have to be reloaded when the level is reloaded **

I found all textures in memory using this:

TArray<UObject*> Objects;
GetObjectsOfClass(UTexture2D::StaticClass(), Objects, true);

I hope this helps anyone who has this problem.