Requirements for using unreal engine 5

good morning
First of all I would like to congratulate the programmers and designers of Unreal engine that have left me pleasantly surprised.

I have a laptop with :
8GB ram memory
nvidia mx150 with 2GB VRAM
1 TB HARD DISK
inter core i5 7200 2.5 ghz with turbo boost up to 3.1 ghz

i think it won’t be enough for unreal engine 5 to work properly?
and if i add 1 solid disk SSD how many GB /TB do you recommend the SSD. (will it be enough for it to work?). or add more GB of RAM.

Thank you and I hope to be able to use Unreal engine5 which is my dream to be a filmmaker.

nvidia mx150 with 2GB VRAM + i5 7200 (2c/4t)

You’re on a laptop with a 4yo entry level video adapter. If the plan is to utilise the advanced features of UE5, this hardware is, sadly, not good enough. It being a laptop limits upgrading options, too. You could double the RAM and get a fast 1TB NVMe drive (if it’s supported by your machine) but the sheer lack of the GPU oomph and the 2GB vRAM will be an issue. Also, that CPU will melt :expressionless:

It’s free to try, though - see how it behaves.

A lot of features like Lumen simply won’t work on a gpu like that, but you should be able to create simple graphics and functionality and work on things on a technical level. Big levels with lots of advanced renderfeatures etc is going to be a dead end.

The biggest bottleneck in technical production is probably going to wait for processing things like shaders, compiling etc. You’ll be getting a lot of breaks while waiting for things to finish or start up. :stuck_out_tongue:

thank you for your reply.
I will wait a few years until I have money to renew it. I had my hopes up. ■■■■ (Grrr)

thanks again

thank u, very much
The problem is that thanks to the pandemic I am out of work and I have no money to renew the equipment ■■■■■) and I wanted to dedicate myself to this.
thanks again for the advice, it will be for later.