[Request] Sword Character Animset

+1

This is definitely needed! Personally, I’d go with directed attacks as well, left to right, right to left, up -down, down-up as well. You might want to include the same, but with diagonal attacks as well

Didn’t really get what you mean with that. Can you elaborate on that?

Personally I’d like to see medieval weapon animations that actually use poses and motions consistent with real medieval sword arts. Something similar to how Mount & Blade handles it.

As others have said, this would be left to right/right to left/stab down/straight thrust.

YEh I could give this a go, ive got a bit of spare time. You guys just need the fbx right? . I’l do one for free cause I just want to see how easy it it to get on a character in game using a max biped and what problems arise from it. I’l just do a generic swiping action unless u send me a youtube link to something more specific

@- This is what I meant, but with not just right to left, but with diagonal slashing as well, to northwest to southwest, etc.

Quick preview (still WIP) for 2 Handed Sword:

Shown are: Equib, Idle, Run, Attack Right, Attack Left, AttackLeft/Right Combo

The animations aren’t polished yet and there are some issues which I am aware of and which I am currently fixing.

Let me know what you think!

Looking good mate!

Keep us updated on the status ^^

Those look great :slight_smile:

One thing I’d request out of any melee animations for them to be a buy for me, is having the swings work while the character is moving (walking/running). I guess you could blend in the attack animation at the waist and above, but I imagine if they have too much lower body motion it won’t look right.

Looks fantastic, would love to see a 3 hit combo!

I already have my money ready for this one. Please let me, let you take my money. :slight_smile:

Looking great so far!

Please sales this you item…thanks

An animation pack based purely around different sword types, holds, etc would be nice to see.

How about mine? I’ll submit within 2 weeks, just need to convert to UE4 skeleton.

I finished this one, working on single handed sword (fencing position, right hand forward), longsword (two handed) and spear. Need to make it all for Aliens, Trolls & Dragons, I might as well fund my development selling them.

Been looking forward to this!
I’m a bit put off by the shield though, would have preferred something more versatile.
I can’t tell from the video if it would look good without a shield.
Any plans on more weapon types? I imagine most melee games need more types than just Sword + shield.
I for one would prefer more types but maybe fewer moves for each (provided it would be too much work to do a pack with 100 animations for each type.

How come you can’t tell if it would look good without a shield? The dummy has no shield in the video… :smiley:

The plans for other weapons also are in the above post.

This could be perfect for my Middle Earth based CG shortfilm :slight_smile: What will the pricerange be?

$60 as usual. 120 anims and all future updates.

Sounds great. My shortfilm will be 20min or so. All in CG and VFXs. Thanks for the nice work!

Missed the part about more weapon plans, I’ll have to blame my small phone.
As for looking good without a shield, I’d say it looks a bit strange holding your arm like that with nothing there. Would be interesting to see in first person though.