Reporting Issues for Documentation

Hello Trent4,

Thank you for providing that additional information, we have logged a ticket internally to be fixed by our Documentation Team.

Hello BmChale,

We are aware of this issue and a ticket has been logged to update this page.

Thank you!

Hey Jinc, you’re correct that should use https. We will see about updating the link.

1 Like

on EXAMPLE 3, the first note box is referring a link, however the OP missed a typo and it was posted as plain text.

Engine version: 4.26.2
Description: Out-of-date information

Step 2 mentions a warning, but it doesn’t tell what to do to correct the problem or if it will be corrected in one of the next steps. This is confusing when Step 9 is reached because the warning still exists, but the reader is asked to Compile and Save.

Cheers, Glen

Within the character movement documentation. When setting up the Axis for movement this is incorrectly documented.

Hello snrbj,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. This will fix will be updated in our next documentation publish.

Thanks!

Hello EmoPandas,

We are aware of this issue, and we are happy to report that it has since been fixed. You will notice the correct display in our next documentation publish.

Thanks!

Good morning! I have a couple of typos to report this morning, nothing serious. I apologize for being “that guy,” but since technical writing is a significant part of my job, I proofread instinctively (whether or not I wish to do so, and I imagine you have the same blessing/curse).

• The following sentence appears in the “Connecting Your Device” section of the “Virtual Camera Actor Quick Start” page: " 1. Tap the Connect button on the Unreal Remove 2 App." I believe you meant to say the “Unreal Remote 2 App.” URL: Virtual Camera Actor Quick Start | Unreal Engine Documentation
  • In the Early Access documentation, the page for “World Partition - Data Layers” contains the following sentence: “It is possible to set a Data Layer’s state using it’s label, rather than a variable.” In this case, the word should be “its” without an apostrophe, because it is the possessive rather than a contraction. URL: World Partition - Data Layers in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.0 Documentation

Each time I use the UE4 documentation, I am impressed with its quality and depth. The illustrated examples and tutorials are especially commendable. I know firsthand how much effort goes into creating, validating, and maintaining content of that nature. Thank you, Docs Team, for your excellent and ongoing labors, and thank you for reading my feedback.

r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal and r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal

• Typo Error Shown Below:

Use the console variables r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal and r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal to adjust the number of samples used. Using values between four and eight (default) shadow map samples works well.

the 2 console variables we are given to adjust are the exact same

r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal
r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal

The correct second variable is: (one for local lights, one for directional as shown on the page)

r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayDirectional

The section should read like this:

Use the console variables r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayLocal and r.Shadow.Virtual.SMRT.SamplesPerRayDirectional to adjust the number of samples used. Using values between four and eight (default) shadow map samples works well.

Thank you for your time and please have a good day :slight_smile: :beers:

Hello l4c5m9,

Thank you for your post! This link will be fixed in our next publish.

Thanks!

Hello syscrusher, thanks for pointing those typos out, I’ll clean those up right away.

1 Like

Hello House_zu_Heltzer, thanks for the feedback. You’re correct that’s an error, I’ll get that fixed.

1 Like

Documentation states that sine/cosine takes input in [0,1] but instead it is in [0, 2*PI]. Please review all trigonometric functions.

Engine version: 5.0
Enhanced Input, there is a small error in the code on the page
5.0:

the code on the 4.26 page is correct, They should be Started and Triggered, 5.0 is wrong

Hello Onchao,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We have logged this into our internal to be fixed by our documentation team.

Thanks!

Engine version: 4.26

Detailed description:
Hi, a lot of downloadable resources in the FPS tutorial document that become invaild and click on those links will lead to 404. Can you guys fix it up?

The invalid resources included but not limited are as below:
GenericMale.zip,
HeroFPP.zip,
Sphere.zip,
Crosshair_fps_tutorial.zip

Hello KethersHao,

Thanks for pointing this out. I’ve passed this to the team to see about getting it fixed.

Hello VagrantSven,

Thank you for reporting this issue. These fixes should be live next publish!

Thanks!

Engine version: 4.25.4

Detailed description of the issue:

Under “Determining If a Class Implements Your Interface”.
It says “For compatability with both C++ and Blueprint classes that implement your interface, use any of the following functions:”
However, the Cast<To>(From *) option is not correct. This does NOT work when the passed From pointer is an object based on a Blueprint class which implements the interface via blueprints (i.e. Class Settings → Interfaces). The other two options (the first two) do work on Blueprint objects. So, in order to test Blueprint class Interface implementation from CPP, it seems the best option is:

if (OnThisObject->Implements<UMyInterface>())
{
	IMyInterface::Execute_MyInterfaceFunction(OnThisObject);
}