Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

For interior spaces, bounces over 1 can make a big difference.

Normally I’d agree but in this case I’m not seeing it. Maybe once better denoising is in it’ll be more obvious.

Thanks for the interest, and the nice video. As you’ve pointed out, there is still work that needs to be done.

Hey guys,
I made some tests on the Raytracing version. Looks great, very similar to a GPU renderer for me, I just feel that I was using Vray GPU but much faster and easier.
Im not sure which part was wrong, but the denoiser/GI/Translucent doesn't work. Ill go forward to see if I can find more interesting points.

Hello, will we get Mask, translucent support in version 4.22? What about Foliage and HISM, and Landscape?

Foliage, translucent materials and landscapes look strange because of the support of existing branches. It would be great if version 4.22 could get complete support.

Another question is, will there be a better denoiser? The existing noise reduction seems to be difficult to achieve good results under 1-4 SPP samples.

4.22 most likely won’t get complete support. The raytracing features will probably be experimental for at least two engine releases, if not longer. But it’s clearly getting a lot of attention so I expect it’ll move along quickly during that time.

Hey guys,
I made some tests on the Raytracing version. Looks great, very similar to a GPU renderer for me, I just feel that I was using Vray GPU but much faster and easier.
Im not sure which part was wrong, but the denoiser/GI/Translucent doesn't work. Ill go forward to see if I can find more interesting points.
[/QUOTE]

nice renders!

woahh
GI and raytraced shadows / AO / reflections !
has anyone tested if sequencer renders out clean animations?, or if there’s render passes that can be spit out from it?

for me, it doesnt work, crushes every time.

So, can we bake lights with this yet?

The tech is supposed to be real-time and not baked.

There’s been plenty of demos and discussion around using realtime ray tracing to preview and then bake lighting. Baking is also much more practical for shipping a game .

Aye, agree that baking is practical, but I don’t know how the tech will do this faster or better… if someone says to me the once you have previewed in real-time and is satisfied and with a click of a button you will get a fast baked scene with the preview settings and will take 1 min, then that’s awesome, but surely for the engine I didn’t see this being commented by Epic’s staff or that (and anything else) being on road map… would be nice to know thou.

I am a bit confused about Raytracing, there is a plan to add Global Illumination on unreal engine 4? It will work only with nvidia rtx cards?

I have seem people finding entries and settings related to GI and even attempting some renderings, but the whole thing is still not ready. People are just too eager to put their hands on it. I would wait for more official feedback regarding this or the stress would be too great.

Raytracing HW only.

Something new of of last night is multi-bounce reflections :slight_smile: Very nice. Though shadows and GI passes are missing from reflected rays.

Link: https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/11101941fec92e00f38f2700ba529ca918b17f8b

I have found this video at Youtube, shows some translucency material:

Thanks Tommy, what about GI?

What are you asking about? Yes, RTGI will only work with GPUs that support raytracing, which is currently only the RTX GPUs.