Raytracing was merged into Dev-Rendering!

When NVidia released the RTX cards, they provided the DirectX12 support and Vulkan support in their drivers. The extensions they mentioned are just Vulkan extensions related to Pascal. Since these are related to the graphics card driver, it won’t affect any other vendor by definition.

It just means that Nvidia programmed DXR support into their older card’s drivers. RTX is still only a 2080 series thing since RTX effectively means the new ray tracing acceleration hardware only found on 2000 series cards.

So basically DXR and Vulkan raytracing will work on older cards but it will be really slow.

yes
In april i can try dxr with my 1060 6gb card
very happy now:)
Specialy dxr on simple skylight would be amazing

i think Raytrace feature is more like a progressive render engine now, its too much noisy and denoiser give u blob dark dot ( it suckks ). but i dont understand why epic and nvidia didnt show this issues in their conferences . its more like a fake show !

Unreal Engine and the ray tracing revelation
​​​​​​
​https://www.imgtec.com/blog/unreal-engine-and-the-ray-tracing-revelation/

**Realtime raytracing on a 2014 GPU

Realtime Voxel Raytracing IN REALTIME w/ Voxels and also GI (global illumination) **

https://www.gamedev.net/forums/topic…on-a-2014-gpu/

That would look pretty good with an AI denoiser. I suspect there were some caveats though.

Real-Time Raytracing for Interactive Global Illumination Workflows in Frostbite

Subsurface looks nice

Supposedly, just like with the 10XX series AMD Vega stuff might be getting DXR backwards compatibility sometime this year. So anyone with a Vega 56 or whatever should be able to try it out.

Hello, I have a question because ue4 spits when the project is started and shows such information, if someone knows what it is caused and how to fix it.

interactive gpu light baking (ray tracing-dxr ) ue4 :):slight_smile:

Hi,
I have a few questions:

1. I have an Nvidia Titan Volta. With this card has to work raytracing in ue4.22 preview7?
  2. I installed and runned in dx12 mode, I see that it’s working in output log.
  3. But Unreal crashes in dx12 mode if I press any button.
    I don’t know if it is because of Titan Volta not an RTX card or just because of Windows10 dx12 or Unreal preview7. So If I wait will it be good in the future, or I won’t be able to use Titan Volta for 4.22.
    Thank you for answer
  1. Volta should work, even though it doesn’t officially support RTX.
  2. Preview 7 appears to cause drivers to crash in Dx12.

We’re looking into visualization across multiple LED screens and came across a software called Notch, where I found an interesting presentation on a non-RTX based implementation they are using:

(Btw, the founder’s history is interesting, if you are of a certain age.)

now 10 series cards (60 and up) can use real time ray tracing. i love it! i have the 1080 gtx ti its not perfect as it can be a bit sluggish but its really amazing and def can output a scene to video.

60 and up ?? i have a 650 ti can i use ray tracing ? (need movie)

1060 and up

understand but will come ray tracing for other gtx cards???

NVidia already told it won’t, because older GPU lack of performance for any application using ray tracing (their words). Also, GTX 1060 only works on the model with 6GB VRAM and doesn’t work on the model with 3GB VRAM.