Ray Tracing Reflections White Artifacts

Recently started using Ray Tracing and DLSS for my project Which have resulted in a lot of noise and other issues thinking it was because I was on 4.26 I upgraded the project to 4.27 hoping it would resolve many of them, which it did except for the noise issues and it incorporated this new issue.

I’m kind of lost for words here and haven’t been able to figure out what the cause of this is, was thinking fog or skylight but neither affect this.

Really hoping I can get some suggestions on where to look and for what.

Hello @_DySands
Take a look in this post, we were fighting with that

@alberto I really appreciate your reply, at first I thought you were right with it being texture related, but then I checked out what it does at different colors, roughness and metallic values.
Issue persists.

Did you deactivate texture streaming?

Just checked that, no effect problem persists.

Screenshot of the material then, problem must be there, like to use values as 0 or 1

It can’t be a material issue, does it across multiple materials for different meshes and different textures.
This is the material that’s used in the video.

Metallic and roughness are wrong, don’t use 0 or 1

Take a look to this and how they did the materials… perhaps you can use them

Those are the default values and are being changed dynamically in the video.

cannot be never 0 or 1, take in mind… there isn’t exist any material can have those values and it broke rays from lights

I understand, but those aren’t the values after first runtime.

Yeah I know but perhaps when it initializes it fails who knows
I think the best option is to download the automotive content and try, materials are amazing

I already have that indeed, I’ll check it out see what the differences are and if the same issue persists.

Also this is the other material used on that car which aren’t the 0-1 values.

Yes I think is not that, but is important to fix it
As I said If I were you I’ll try automotive, there is a showroom level and you can see all

I’ll take a look at it right now, I do appreciate your help!

@alberto okay this is really odd, opened up the automotive level and added in my lighting post process and the car, and the issue isn’t there. It has to be something within my composition level that is causing the problem.

1 Like

Literally no clue where to look, only difference in the level is that it’s a world composition level with level streaminga terrain and many more assets. All levels I tested use the same lighting level.

nah i think its project wide it happens in most levels in my project

I’ve opened 4 different levels and even made one, problem doesn’t persist there.