Radial type blure on packaged VR game for Quest 3

Hi All, got a bit of an issue that I’m racking my brain trying to find the answer to, would appreciate any knowledge that anyone has in this area as I’m pretty new to standalone VR development.

I’m working on a program to showcase assets in VR - most of the functionality is working fine however I find that I am getting a peculiar rendering situation when playing the packaged APK on the quest 3 headset (Picture Attached)

Looks like there are set boundaries around the player that have levels of blur attached to them which get stronger the further away they are from the player - I want to try and mitigate this as much as possible. I haven’t added any functionality to implement this, for all intents and purposes this might aswell be the base VR template from Epic.

Another thing to note is that this issue doesn’t appear when playing from the unreal editor viewport - thinking leads to it being an optimisation thing for standalone packages.

The red lines indicate the points at which the level of blur increases - maybe something to do with LOD given the range from the player?

If anyone has any idea then please do let me know.

That looks normal for bilinear texture filtering. To improve it, you’ll have to turn on anisotropic filtering.

Unfortunately i cant test this till monday when i’m back at work, but it looks exactly like what i’m looking for!

Will update on monday.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.