Property Transfer Tool

Gosh. Thanks! I read about the binary files regeneration just once and forgot about it, I don’t even know how to do it yet.
I’m looking for any guide or tutorial and didn’t find any clear enough yet.

Hi. It’s still me, unfortunately. I kept looking for any info about how to regenerate the binaries, as you told me, but couldn’t find any source of information about that. Can you tell me what should I do? Is Visual Studio necessary?
I really hope you can help me ending this struggle.
Thanks in advance.

If you are on Windows there are pre built binaries in that zip folder. You just have to make sure the plugin is enabled from Plugins panel and search the panels from the “Window” main menu …

If you are not on Windows then yes, you need a C++ compiler and the project must be C++ to generate the DLLs.

Yes, I am on Windows. I did download and installed everything found in the zipped file and the plugin is enabled from the Plugins panel but no panel from the Window main menu appears, and when checking the plugin’s content folder within the editor all I can find is only a folder containing an image file. It’s like UE is not reading what is inside the folders of the installation.
I really dunno what else I can do to fix this.

Make sure the plugin is in YourProject/Plugins folder and not something else like YourProject/Plugins/Plugins…

Open your uproject file on a text editor and see if the file is “using” the plugin module in its list of enabled plugins.

Sorry for the necro. But… I cant get the PTM Plugin to work. Currently running UE5 Preview 2. Plugin is located in correct path. UnrealProjects\Projectname\Plugins\PTMTool\ (No plugins\plugins for instance)

I was getting this dialogue when launching

If I click yes, it wouldnt do anything and would give an error saying it failed and needed to regenerate the binary files. Then one time when I launched the project, I didn’t click the first dialogue (Pictured above), and the project eventually loaded and inside the project I clicked update.

Now I don’t get the dialogue BUT it still doesnt show up in the plugins…

Does it not work for Preview 2? Or is there something else I’m missing?

If generating binaries for UE5 failed, there’s something wrong with your compiler toolchain installation. The existing binaries on the link above are built against UE5EA.

Note that the dropbox links posted above no longer seem to work.

Now that UE5 is out, do you think you could do a PTMTool release? Please?

I am waiting for their staff to release it.

1 Like

Amazing, thank you!

The plugin for Unreal 5 is now released.
You should be able to download it from your Launcher.

2 Likes

Can you add support for animation blueprints? When I pick an animation blueprint as a source/target, no properties/functions show up.

Will add to my todo list (which is pretty big right now).

Just submitted update for Unreal 5.1
Waiting for review.

Looks like Epic finally updated the tool to Unreal 5.1 on Marketplace / Launcher.

Using 5.2 - I’ve been using these for many version but I’m finding that it is showing up blank on some actors. I tried restarting the editor, disabling it, restarting, renabling, restarting, but no change. Any ideas?

Maybe it’s expected behavior, but I report it in case.

If trying to copy a function to another blueprint that has an event dispatcher with the same name, the editor crashes.

1 Like

I submitted update for the Unreal Engine 5.4;

Due to changes to the U Editor API, I am moving the panels shortcuts to a new category within the “Tools” main menu:

1 Like