Property Transfer Tool

Nah, it’s an easy change to be copied to previews engines ^^
I cancelled update review and submitted a new request with sources update for 4.20+

Bruno, this looks awesome! But I have some questions:

1. Could this be used to merge BPs from different revisions in source control? One of our biggest challenges we’re anticipating right now is not being able to truly merge blueprints.
  2. If not, do you have plans to work on such a thing, or are you aware of a plugin or tool that might do this?

Hi great tool! But I have 3 problems:

1. I had to download 4Gb of unreal engine to get the plugin for my source code compiled unreal, seems there is no other way to get this plugin that from the launcher

2. When copying functions from one BP to another, the variables seems to be still the ones of the former BP, so I get an error on each, and I have to replace them with the ones of the new BP.

3. All macro functions I copied are still someone referencing the old BP, when I click on the macro in the new BP, the old BP is opened instead. Error message on save is:

Can’t save …/…/…/…/PSUnreal/Content/Blueprints/psCharacterBP.uasset: Graph is linked to private object(s) in an external package.
External Object(s):
IsLocallyControlled
AnimInstance
PostProcessInstance
GetForward/RightVector

The macros listed are the ones which if I click on the graph open the old BP.

See attachment.

Property variables are copied “as is” when a function graph is duplicated to target Blueprint.
So those variable will keep pointing to original owner until you fix them.

Submitted v1.2.3 for Unreal 4.23 editor.

• Added support for small toolbar buttons so now you can see the icon when using UEditor small UI mode.
  • Fixed few internal things.

Was making some tests and that error Unreal reports (“this blueprint self is not xxxx”)… this thing should fix itself once you close and open the editor after copying a function that contains referenced variable nodes. There’s not much I can do besides some changes I did for Unreal to cleanup once you reopen your editor. Better just reopen the editor than fixing them manually still…

Excellent tool.
Mini bug report: AddComponent node with a BP component (in my case a bp child of scenecomponent) will not transfer properly and give an error like:

Unknown template referenced by ‘Add Component
Target is Actor’ for Add Component

Interface functions is not in transfer list right now (4.24)

That is because I can’t transfer node contextObject, the graph don’t allow me to change the context of a node.
That node expects an AActor as context (hidden pin).

Careless “reports” like this is a big reason why Epic ignores many bug reports.
Be careful when reporting anything and make sure you actually know what’s really going on…

You made me waste 20 minutes testing a blank project (since in mine it just works) and I have no idea what you’re talking about:

I copied that function from an Interface blueprint to SourceActor1 then to TargetComponent1 and everything is fine on the blank project (and projects I work on).
Just saying “it doesn’t work” doesn’t help in any way.

Sorry for that careless “report”. I have ActorSource that implements BPI_Test interface, in function transfer window is displayed only actor functions (ActorFunctionA) without functiond added by interface (InterfaceFunctionA).

Yes… Because “implemented” interface functions are not members of the class.

I can’t see why that is wrong?!
There’s no code in the tool to implement interfaces. Only copy members.

Oh I see, thanks, interface function becomes member of a child’s class if it’s overridden in there.

Great plugin! but it would be nice to add the ability to copy inherited variables

HI BrUno XaVIeR,

I tried to transfer a Macro from an Actor Blueprint class into a Blueprint Macro Library. It appears to work correctly, however, when I try to use the Macro that is now in the Blueprint Macro Library, the Blueprint class I try to use the Macro in gives this error why I try to save it:

Can't save <path>/Game/Blueprints/MyTestBP.uasset: Graph is linked to external private object EdGraph /Game/Blueprints/MyMacroLib.MyMacroLib:MyMacro (MacroGraph)

The Macro I transferred doesn’t call any other Macros and does not refer to any variables or functions in the original Blueprint class I copied it from.

Is this supposed to work? I tried restarting the editor after the transfer, but that did not help.

Would like to point out for all the n00bs to this tool, (like me): There are two separate windows which open (at least in 4.25): Property to transfer and Function to transfer. The video shows off the properties to transfer. Also, I had originally missed the step of clicking on the content browser blueprint actor and was trying to find how to get the target and source inputs filled. Seems like a useful tool, and there have been many times when I have copied all variables from one actor to another.

Side note: It would be best to transfer all variables before transferring functions (as they will be referencing some of those same variables).

Now, if it could only transfer events/RPCs (and keep their replication types)… :slight_smile:

Thanks, Bruno!

Hi, I didn’t see this post before, sorry…
Do you mean, copying ‘red nodes’ (Custom Events) ?!

Hello, thanks for the great tool!

Nonetheless, I got problems with corrupted blueprint a couple of times, so this time I decided to post.
The source blueprint was working fine. I transfer properties and functions over the target blueprint, it crashed UE when playing. I tried to rewrite the function manually in the target blueprint, still crash. I manually create another blueprint and writing the same code, it works. Seems like your tool corrupted the target blueprint without being noticeable in the editor.

The error:

Assertion failed: OutPin->LinkedTo.Num() == 1 [File:D:/Build/++UE4/Sync/Engine/Source /Editor/GraphEditor/Private/BlueprintConnectionDrawingPolicy.cpp] [Line: 506]

UE4Editor_Core
 UE4Editor_Core
 UE4Editor_GraphEditor
 UE4Editor_GraphEditor
 UE4Editor_GraphEditor
 UE4Editor_SlateCore

Code where it crashes:

I will note that, but it’s weird because the plugin doesn’t touch any drawing policy of graphs.

Basically I have never encountered that crash at this point.

Hello Bruno.
I’ve tried to install this version of the plugin, for UE5, but the only one the Launcher can see is just the 4.27 version. I’ve tried even manually but, despite seeing it listed the PlugIns panel and installed it from there, it can’t be found in the location shown in that picture above and is not working. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks.

Unreal 5, you have to download from link above, copy to your Project/Plugins folder and regenerate the binary files.

Marketplace does not support Unreal 5 plugins on the Launcher yet.