Project:

Yeah someone else was getting that error, I am unable to replicate it here at the moment, I will continue to investigate. And I agree it shouldn’t really be use through the blueprint components, it is very cumbersome, that was more just experimental at the time.

Yes replace the shaders, I had to add a little bit of code into them so that the displacement could be calculated in the Vertex Factory but also allow the Material Editor to define its own displacement, I have made sure to use the versions of the shaders from the engine version I am packaging, so you will not be loosing anything.

I cant get to the fluid surface on git hub anymore even though I have it linked to my ue4 account, I have the zip downloaded anyway but cant remember the install instructions, how do i install it?

depends on what version of the engine you are using. There are seperate downloads for v4.1, v4.2 and v4.3. But the basic setup is same for all three but v4.1’s code will not work on v4.3.

Basically copy the folder from the zip into your game projects pugins directory (<ProjectName>\Plugins\ is how it should look) then copy the Shaders folder to your engines Shaders folder (<EngineDir>\Engine\Shaders). Then recompile your game project. Launch the Editor, enable the , restart the editor. Shaders should then start recompiling.

I’m not sure if I’m using the right version of the then, I have been trying to follow the link at bottom of all your comments " : https://.com//UnrealEngine/releases" but it doesn’t work for me, i get error 404, do you know why would be?

The only thing you need to make sure is that your logged into , I just tested the link and it is working fine for me. I get a 404 if I log out and try to go to the link.

I am getting it even when I am logged in, I un subscribed from ue4 last month and I only have version 4.2 but I thought that I could still get access to after I un subscribed, the weird thing is I can get to your move texture fine so I asume it is some sort of securety thing stopping me but makes no sense as im only trying to access the 4.2 version.

The texture movie is in a public repo, coz it doesn’t contain any specific UE4 code. The is in a private fork from UE4 (As it contains unmodified UE4 source code). So the first one you can get without requiring subscription, the 2nd one is only valid to people with a valid subscription. If you can get to Epic’s , then there should be nothing preventing you from reaching my private fork.

I cant access epic so It seems either there is a bit of smallprint I missed when I canceled my subscription that said “you will not be able to access if you cancel” or maybe I just haven’t managed to link my accounts properly.
I don’t remember whether it specified whether you could access after canceling now, if so never mind I was planing on re subscribing at some point anyway.

thanks for you help

Hi
is awesome!
I found a bug. Normally is very powerful and efficient (100-120 FPS) but when it collides with landscape framerate drastically drops to 10-20FPS. I hope it helped you.
I’m waiting for next releases :slight_smile: Good job!

Wishes,

I;m having a little trouble installing . First question. Do I have to use the build of UE4 from (as i’m not a programmer I haven’t used the version at all) or will it with work with the normal released version. I’m on 4.3.

Thanks

, did you still plan to submit for inclusion in the engine? :slight_smile:

Hi , yes was actually planning on doing so very soon, I am just adding a couple more features to it that I am planning on using in my game. Once I have done and tested (Maybe a couple of weeks). I will for sure submit a PR. Hopefully the rendering does not change too significantly from 4.3 to 4.4, otherwise might need to wait and make those changes too.

Also I am now in possession of both a NVidia Titan and AMD A9 290X, so I can test fairly on both types of cards, so will try to ensure that performance is good all round.

Fantastic, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

I don’t think there were big changes from 4.3 to 4.4. There are some big changes to DrawDynamicElements coming at some point though, as we refactor the renderer to be properly multi-threaded.

Hi! I have the problem, that always when I try to make a shipping or developing build and then launch the game appears:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/79603/431–version-failed-to-cook-for-windows.html

I just can’t launch the built game.

Hi . Thanks for bringing that to my attention, I will take a look. But firstly, are you using the launcher version of the engine? Or have you compiled your own? As I believe there are issues with using the Launcher version and plugins. But I can test either way.

I tried to use the launcher, but the wouldn’t even compile, so I used the compiled version. It works just fine, the project builds normal, but when I want to launch the built version that error comes up, the same error, that comes up when you try to use the with the launcher verison of the engine. ( won’t be available …, because FluidSurfaceEngine not found …)

Compiled version and launcher version if you place the after compilation of the engine in the engine folders.

.youtube.com/=07h6Ui92v6c&=youtu.be

I have another question too: Is it only possible to place one FluidSurfaceActor into the project? Because always when I place more than one, the actors kind of get stuck for a few secs sometimes.

I dont recall there being any limitations on that, but I will take a look, as I mostly only test with one, but I don’t want it to be limited to only one in a level.

I got the exact same errors as but when I try to launch the engine not when making builds just when I try to open the editor “FluidSurfaceEngine not found” how do I get to work?

what is “the launcher version of the engine”? and what do you mean by compiling your own? I amuse I use what you call the launcher version as I just double click the shortcut and get up the launcher, from there I open the project I want, is the default and most convenient way to do it… I don’t even know what you mean be the compiled version.

Thanks in advance.

@: I can make a video if you want to.

@anonymous_user_9c39f750 Cheese Dragon: Epic publishes the code of the unreal engine 4 on , you can download it and compile your own editor; more here: https://.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine

Plugins only work if you compile the editor while the and all it’s dependencies are already placed into the right folder(s).