Project:

Anything new here?

And are there always the latest versions of the on site? 4.3 in case - https://.com//UnrealEngine/tree/-4.3

could you please update for unreal engine 4.4 version.

Sorry, not sure when I will be able to update to 4.4. Having major issues with the client constantly freezing and only half downloading branches and corrupting files. Seems to get worse each time I go to update. Now its completely unresponsive. So not sure what I will do yet.

I’ve had a ton of problems with that too lately!

One solution that worked for me was to use the Git Bash commandline version to manually change the branch out of the one that was freezing

That enabled me to recover the GUI client version to not freezing forever :slight_smile:

Good luck

Hi , good to hear from you, and that I’m not the only one having those issues :slight_smile:

I am working my way through the bash command line as we speak, with the help of google. So hopefully I will be able to get something going.

Okay I managed to get the Fluid Surface updated to v4.4. Nothing in the C++ had to change, only the shaders. Latest version can be found from the link in my signature.

Yaaay!

Congratulations And thanks for the Fluid Surface !

Is Epic still planning to integrate directly into the engine? I thought that was Golding’s original plan!

Cant Load Editor Now

I enabled the Fluid Surface , after shaders compiled, and restarted editor as per normal.

I put the the 4.4 release version plugins directory

Upon restarting I got message that the modules were out of data and needed recompiling

I recompiled

I got message, and editor will not load!

Any ideas?

(Downloaded 4.4 version from your )

:slight_smile:

EDIT

Making the part of my project seems to have resolved the :slight_smile:

Crash

I created a Actor BP and as soon as it is created I get crash:

!Id:2f33e7f1183c0ad9152e06fe66b1204d

Unknown exception - code 00000001 (first/second  not available)

Assertion failed: World->GetPhysicsScene() [File:D:\BuildFarm\buildmachine_++depot+UE4-Releases+4.4\Engine\Source\Runtime\Engine\Private\ActorComponent.cpp] [Line: 745]

KERNELBASE + 40541 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 3095148 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1661722 bytes
UE4Editor_Core + 1541808 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 1542870 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 5964079 bytes
UE4Editor_FluidSurface!UFluidSurfaceComponent::UpdateBody() + 341 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unreal projects\joypathing\plugins\\source\\private\fluidsurfacecomponent.cpp:366]
UE4Editor_FluidSurface!UFluidSurfaceComponent::Init() + 974 bytes [c:\users\\documents\unreal projects\joypathing\plugins\\source\\private\fluidsurfacecomponent.cpp:154]
UE4Editor_Engine + 1585712 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 1761525 bytes
UE4Editor_Engine + 5908019 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 4992492 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 5254519 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 9405149 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 3526223 bytes
UE4Editor_UnrealEd + 1263377 bytes
UE4Editor_ContentBrowser + 1823383 bytes
UE4Editor_SlateCore + 675874 bytes
UE4Editor_SlateCore + 676018 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 902669 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 902949 bytes
UE4Editor_Slate + 901177 bytes
UE4Editor!FEngineLoop::Tick() + 3397 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launchengineloop.cpp:2115]
UE4Editor!GuardedMain() + 476 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\launch.cpp:133]
UE4Editor!GuardedMainWrapper() + 26 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:125]
UE4Editor!WinMain() + 249 bytes [d:\buildfarm\buildmachine_++depot+ue4-releases+4.4\engine\source\runtime\launch\private\windows\launchwindows.cpp:201]
UE4Editor!__tmainCRTStartup() + 329 bytes [f:\dd\vctools\crt\crtw32\dllstuff\crtexe.c:618]

The crash occurs as the BP is trying to get created, right after entering the name, before even trying to open it.

Good luck with !

Interesting, I had never thought to create a BP based on the actor. So I gave a shot, and indeed got a crash. I have fixed crash here locally. But the BP version of the actor still does not work as intended, so I will take a look as to why before publishing my fixes.

Thanks a ton!!!

why my rigid bodies are not floating on water??

How you resolved ?? I am getting the same error.
Could you please explain?

I have not implemented that as of yet. If you require buoyancy, you can use VaOcean by . Or as the source code is available for my you could implement buoyancy yourself, I do intent to implement it at some stage.

I’m guessing he moved the to his projects plugins directory and recompiled his project (I am only guessing at that).

Update

I have fixed the crashing when creating a BP derived version of the actor. The release version and git code has been updated to include these changes.

I also done the same thing. No luck.

The only thing I can think of is are u using the source version of the engine? or the launcher? As it requires the source. I have no issues running via the Engine plugins directory or my own projects plugins directory (I am using the source version)

Dear ,

Great to hear about your updates! So if making a BP of the fluid surface actor is not the intended workflow, what is the intended work flow?

:slight_smile:

The original intended workflow was just placing a actor in the world and configuring it that way. But since I have it working with BP derived aswell I will continue to ensure that works and gets better, since I can see that doing some cool things.

Can’t get the

Hi ,
I tried to get the " " from the link on your signature “https://.com//UnrealEngine/releases”
but no way…!!
Page not found :frowning:

Best Regards

You need to be logged into the account that’s associated with your Unreal Engine subscription (and the subscription needs to be active) in order to access that repository.

Thanks for quick reply…
Well; I do have accounts on both… but don’t know how to achieve what you have mentioned,:slight_smile:
Best Regards