Project suddenly crashing on startup (Open XR crash)

Hi, could use some help…

This UE5.2.1 project has no scripting or C++ whatsoever, it literally just has a level sequence with animation and particles and such.

Last time I opened it (maybe 3 days ago) it worked on it everything seemed fine. Today, it started crashing while loading.

Assertion failed: ((Result) >= 0) [File:D:\build++UE5\Sync\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\OpenXR\Source\OpenXRHMD\Private\OpenXRCore.cpp] [Line: 24]

UnrealEditor_OpenXRHMD UnrealEditor_OpenXRInput UnrealEditor_OpenXRInput UnrealEditor_Core UnrealEditor_Projects UnrealEditor_Projects UnrealEditor_Projects UnrealEditor UnrealEditor_UnrealEd UnrealEditor UnrealEditor UnrealEditor UnrealEditor UnrealEditor kernel32 ntdll

There must have been an update, because I literally haven’t touched this project in days.

Couple clues:

I did install a plugin recently and it started asking for updates:

But I haven’t used this plugin at all. I tried removing the plugin, uninstalling 5.2.1, reinstalling it and even re-adding the plugin… none of these makes any difference.

Also note that if I restart my PC an older version of this project loads up as normal. However if I close the project and open it again it starts crashing. The most recent version of the project just crashes no matter what…

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Much love.

Hey @csharpe! Welcome back!

Check out this thread with the same error that has some possible solutions that may work for you:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.