Project organisation

Good Day to you Epic community

I have a dilemma.

My company is about to embark on a 6+minute short film which we plan on doing in unreal
So far i have just been working solo and project structure hasnt been an issue

The last job i complete was all set in one environment with 20shots in it.
I had a master project- with one level, and a matinee for each shot to allow for easy tweaking and outputting

This project will feature about 10-15 unique environments with multiple lighting setups per environment
the core character assets and props will be shared throughout the “world”

there will be at least three of us working on the job

I want some advice/suggestions/guidance on the best way to organize and structure the job.

how would you tackle it?

one project per scene? per environment?
one project, split into levels per scene?

Ideally i want everyone to share certain assets (characters and materials for example) so we can update globally, but also allow them to work in their own space without fear of breaking other peoples lighting or shots

any help would be greatly appreciated

got a few weeks until we go into production, so quite keen to set up some sort of pipeline/plan

thank you for your time

D

Hi,
I’d say it depends on personal preference as much as anything else, but here’s how I’d do it:

• make one Project, so you can easily change “global” stuff (e.g. assets, or if you wanted to change some settings globally)

• make a Level per Scene, so each of you can work on your Scenes without fear of messing with that of someone else (I’m assuming each of you has his/her Scenes to work on)

• if you have several Scenes per Environment, I’d make a new Level for each.

Again, this is just how I would do it, but there it goes. hope that helps you.

Hi im_dr3w_1

A bit late, but found your post when doing a search for project management.

How did the project go? Just curious about the results and how you approached the process of your project and shots.

I’m looking to automate a bunch of shots here as well and I’m interested in auto-import camera kind of setup.